Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I use the auto tune feature?

Lifetime Member

Default How do I use the auto tune feature?

I don't know anything about the auto tune feature on EFIlive... can someone point me to a good tutorial? From what I understand it creates new tables for timing and V.E based on my engine... I have only ever used the tune tool to reflash my pcm for my v8 swap. I have played around with the MAF tables since I reused my v6 MAF.... but that is the only experience I have. I'd like to make good use out of the tool.

Lifetime Member

I mean, in summary, what does the whole thing entail? I feel stupid for even asking.. but any post I find on this seems to have a lot of assumptions already made.

Lifetime Member

I just found this, I am assuming this is what I need?

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

Start with this (read post #1 and any of the links it contains):

Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-a-single-log)

Lifetime Member

I read through about the first 20 pages and I am still uncertain about what I am doing. I've read through the entire PDF I posted and that made some sense.

I know what PID's are lol, I know how to log a session, I know how to adjust tables, etc... I am just uncertain about what I am basically doing with this.

I am creating a new VE table, is that correct? I at least need to know what I am going for and this may make more sense to me.

I have access to a wideband O2 sensor, which gives me a correct AFR reading, correct? What is making this 'new table'?

Don't judge me, I am new to this!

Lifetime Member

I am clear up until this point. Where is this located

"It helps to have a passenger viewing the BEN factor map while it is displaying the
    cell count. You want to hit as many cells as you can, as many times as you can.
    Try to get a cell count of 50+ per cell."

Quote Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
    I read through about the first 20 pages and I am still uncertain about what I am doing. I've read through the entire PDF I posted and that made some sense.

I know what PID's are lol, I know how to log a session, I know how to adjust tables, etc... I am just uncertain about what I am basically doing with this.

I am creating a new VE table, is that correct? I at least need to know what I am going for and this may make more sense to me.

I have access to a wideband O2 sensor, which gives me a correct AFR reading, correct? What is making this 'new table'?

Don't judge me, I am new to this!
    Just read post #1 (and any links it contains), ignore the pdf (post #1 of the Calc.VET thread is the tutorial).

Yes, you're creating a new VE table from the corrected MAF table.

Your wideband is used to correct your existing MAF table (CALC.SELBEN or CALC.WO2BEN);

and CALC.VET calculates a new VE table from SAE.MAF and applies the wideband correction to it.

Have a read of post #29 here: Summary-Notes

Lifetime Member

Ok I have followed the calc.vet PDF and created all the pids, maps and made a few mods to my tune like it suggested at the bottom of the PDF (change from 4000r to 400, chane a few temps in the dfco, etc), uploaded and am ready to log. But the PDF said 'have a friend monitor the maps as they fill in'. I can't get the maps that I made to show up while logging or monitoring.

How do I monitor these? Or am i missing something?

Lifetime Member

By the way, I don't have the wideband installed yet so this is just a practice run. I am trying the narrow band tune like it talks about at the bottom of that PDF

Lifetime Member

Ok, I got the maps to show up. went for a drive and built a new table. I applied the filters and hit 'average' and they all turned to 0.000. Also, about half of the 'selben' values filled in with all 1.0 when i averaged them.

did I miss a step?

I did some reading and it said to set engine displacement. I did this and they are still zero. Again, I am just trying the 'narrow band' tune that is mentioned at the bottom of the PDF.
    Last edited by bubba68ss; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast