Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edge Fined $500,000

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    All those clean trucks offset by this....

No joke... :/

^ that's irrelevant. everyone knows that only private citizens can possibly harm the environment. as a matter of fact, we must take away all their guns as well because the gunpowder residue has been shown to cause cancer in innocent babies.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I must admit I am a little perplexed by our own Diesel emissions rules here in Australia. If a DPF is supposedly required for acceptable emissions levels why are certain manufacturers (including GM) allowed to sell new vehicles here without a DPF? As far as I know all our new cars must meet Euro 4 emissions standards.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well I hate to see any company slapped by the EPA but worse is the spoiled redneck wannabe's who like to smoke out anyone on a bike, with their windows down or in a convertible. They should get a taste of their own medicine. Damn straight I'm not into it. Redneck Ricers - the dumbest thing to come about over the past 10 years!

BTW that Union Pacific is a steam engine... the diesels are not nearly as nasty!
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Yep, we haven't had locomotives like that one since the 60's in wide useage. And as far as needing a DPF here in teh US, it is because of our own assinine emission laws. We don't use any other countries standards, if we did we wouldn't have no where near as many regs as we do. Our EPA writes it's own rules and laws largely in part to justify it's own existence because if they didn't they would get downsized because teh bulk of there job is done. Teh agency was created to curtail the emission problems we had in the 60's, but those days are long gone. So now they come up with new ways to furthur grow there agency and justify there existence.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Weber BBQ's will be fitted with DPF's and Urea in 2015, nothing like the taste of hickory smoked urea beef!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The whole thing is a joke..............the EPA is worried about diesel pollution, the real answer is they want to kill fuel mileage and keep fuel costs high so people have to spend more $$$$ to buy fuel at a higher price which they tax heavily.

They government wants people out of cars and onto public transportation........they want you to go there on your own and not by government decree.

Its all a bunch of BULL, I have two diesels, a 2002 with zero emissions and a 2007 that when it had a CAT it didn't have any more particulate matter than without a CAT, in fact all it did was cost me 3-5 MPG until I threw it out behind the shed.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I just did some fiddling around with the CN Rail website, and to move 160,000 lbs(1 railcar load) of printer paper across the country of Canada. It would cost me CAN$11,518.00. They also list that it will save 17.1 tonnes of CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) emissions over trucking the load on the highways. 17.1 tonnes is a LOT of gas to save for 1 railcar. I have seen trains with 100+ railcars.
    I just found that interesting.

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123