Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edge Fined $500,000

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Around here most of the people who are driving these things are spoiled farmer redneck wanna be type kids.(Man that was alot for one sentence.) And there trucks are about as dumb as they are. Its funny when my wifes 5.3 trailblazer eats every one of from a stop. While they billow black smoke three car lenghts behind. They ought to outlaw any tuning of these stupid things. They are freakin trucks. No one around the northeast and in my parts thinks a work truck that wants to be a race car is cool. Ban em epa. This aint europe. I hate the black smoke and thats my rant.
    And that was a pretty good rant

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Food for thought: in 2008 or 2009 (I don't remember which), the EPA raked in something like $32M+ (in that one year) from violation fines (e.g. failing to meet DPF retrofit deadline, selling venting containers, selling products containing VOC's, etc). Many of the people affect were small businesses.
    Wow, they need to set up a satellite branch in China and India, the US debt would be paid off in a few years.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Heck 2013 new motorcycles in Texas are to be equipped with a seat pad that if you stand up going down the road it kills the bike, smart (not), abuse again, adding $300 to each new bike to have it installed.
    How are you supposed to do standup wheelies going down the highway?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Besides getting smoked out on the street which brings bad attention, just had to happen once to someone at EPA, congress etc...

Just look at how popular smoking videos are on you tube! Plenty of targetted targets SMOKED while they get a good video...
    I think the youtube video's were a huge factor and perfect evidence for the epa.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I don't think you'll find many tuners on here running a business that would willingly write someone a smoke tune, but that kind of thing has probably helped bring attention to the problem.
    I can't even count how many tunes I turned down because they wanted a smoke and I said no. They actually have a city ordnance in College Station about trucks blowing black smoke. If the truck blows smoke and it can be seen for 10 seconds its considered excessive. The smoking diesels have got pretty out of hand around here, along with stacks and 12 inch exhaust tips.

It is pretty amazing to me to see posts of fellow tuners that think regulations of others is a good thing because it isn't what they are into. It seems to be a trend in everything these days though! The motorcyclists are ok with regulation on atvs and jeepers, The jeepers are ok with regulating motorcycles and atvs. I don't own a ar15 so a new law against mean looking black guns is ok. I hot rod a gasser so I don't care about regulation of Diesel hot rodders and Diesel guys don't care about new regulation on gassers. We will always have people that abuse and take all things to extremes but I don't think that because it doesn't affect us directly that we should be so okay that others as a group loose the tools or rights to do what they enjoy. When these out of control groups are done taking the rights of others you will be on their list next! The only way that we will all retain our interests is if we all stick together on issues like this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Food for thought: in 2008 or 2009 (I don't remember which), the EPA raked in something like $32M+ (in that one year) from violation fines (e.g. failing to meet DPF retrofit deadline, selling venting containers, selling products containing VOC's, etc). Many of the people affect were small businesses.
    From an agency that does it's accounting in billions? With 17,000 employees. This must be an attempt to balence their budget. 2012 total cost was almost $11,000,000,000. revenue was only $500,000. SO their a little short!

Quote Originally Posted by superwagon View Post
    It is pretty amazing to me to see posts of fellow tuners that think regulations of others is a good thing because it isn't what they are into. It seems to be a trend in everything these days though! The motorcyclists are ok with regulation on atvs and jeepers, The jeepers are ok with regulating motorcycles and atvs. I don't own a ar15 so a new law against mean looking black guns is ok. I hot rod a gasser so I don't care about regulation of Diesel hot rodders and Diesel guys don't care about new regulation on gassers. We will always have people that abuse and take all things to extremes but I don't think that because it doesn't affect us directly that we should be so okay that others as a group loose the tools or rights to do what they enjoy. When these out of control groups are done taking the rights of others you will be on their list next! The only way that we will all retain our interests is if we all stick together on issues like this.
    Whoa, whoa, I stated from the start -- for myself -- not a fan of the heavy handed EPA, no one is condoning the EPA's actions. I was just making a point about jerks misusing the ability for amusement that could harm someone (wife has Restrictive Lunge Disease black smoke not good).
    People's rights are my top belief that they should have rights. I was even thinking of a way to hook something up to the back of the bike to create smoke and smoke a few smokers, wife said not a good idea because morons might get mad thinking I was hurting their shinny trucks and try and run over me (funny someone would think it is funny but not when it is done to them), she probably is right, but it would be a good payback.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    From an agency that does it's accounting in billions? With 17,000 employees. This must be an attempt to balence their budget. 2012 total cost was almost $11,000,000,000. revenue was only $500,000. SO their a little short!
    That's alright they'll just ask for a bailout. ROFL
    The EPA is Demarxacrat's best friend.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    How are you supposed to do standup wheelies going down the highway?
    Exactly! But only in Mexico!
    The old "Russian Circus" (Bears on unicycles).
    Last edited by Chevy366; January 25th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Around here most of the people who are driving these things are spoiled farmer redneck wanna be type kids.(Man that was alot for one sentence.) And there trucks are about as dumb as they are. Its funny when my wifes 5.3 trailblazer eats every one of from a stop. While they billow black smoke three car lenghts behind. They ought to outlaw any tuning of these stupid things. They are freakin trucks. No one around the northeast and in my parts thinks a work truck that wants to be a race car is cool. Ban em epa. This aint europe. I hate the black smoke and thats my rant.
    Personally, I don't like people blowing tons of smoke. I've owned (By owned, I mean beat) several Fords and Dodges that made a lot of noise and blew a ton of smoke while I proceeded to but buslengths on them while producing virtually no smoke. Similarly, both years that I've pulled in the county truck pull, other trucks are bellowing smoke and such, I proceed to pull over 300' with no smoke, or if any, a light haze. My truck puts down good power while putting out very little smoke. The most it'll smoke is if I lug it.

Clearly, there are not enough murders, rapes and identity theft for the government to worry about spending my money on this. Meanwhile, the fuel economy of these modded "death machines" is improved from 11-13 MPG to 17-19 MPG on average - less barrels of oil used and less total pollutants emmited. In addition, anyone who knows a little about tuning diesels these days makes smokeless tunes, even WITH a straightpipe(s).

Not to mention the excessive and repeat failures of EGR and regen components, costing a lot of money and frustration.

This is about money, control, and lies. No one likes being "blacked out" by teenage idiots, but how is this any different from poorly maintained trucks with a clogged air filter and / or fueling problems that also "billow clouds of public cancer"? Where do you draw the line..... $$$

Such an indirect alleged injury to public health / the environment / whatnot is forcing down our throats the assumption that global warming exists and is caused by passenger vehicles. There are SO MANY more harmful horrible things that affect the public and do not bring any positives or enjoyment:

Crime, substance abuse, depression, suicide, dangerous roads, fake lawsuits, benefit abuse, terrorism, illegals, corruption, the list goes on forever. God forbid a small group of hard working, tax paying and (otherwise) law abiding rednecks and such mod their $50k truck as they please and have a little fun!

now, MY rant is over.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

All those clean trucks offset by this....

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast