Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error $11: Mode Not Supported

Default Error $11: Mode Not Supported

Hello all, my name is Greg.

I am new to EFILive and I was trying to get it up and running this evening when I ran into a small issue.

I had the Flash Scan connected to the vehicle and my PC, was following the instructions in the Cummins Quick Start guide and I received the Error $11: Mode Not Supported "fault". Due to this I am not able to see a Calibration Summary. I also noticed that I have "Read" and "Quit" buttons whereas the illustration in the guide has "Go", "Stop" and "Clear" buttons.

I checked all of the software that I have, the V2 and everything is up to date.

Prior to using EFILive I was using Smarty S06 PoD. I sold the Smarty and no longer have access to it.

I guess in summary, what do I need to do to overcome this issue? Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

If you had smarty on before and had more recent updated software on it i would go to dealer and have fresh flash done. That being said go to file depot online get your calibration and download it and install just dont forget to change vin# this will work to. Now do you have flash scan up to date this is a must hook flash scan to comp. and open efi explorer to see. Hope this helps
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

P.S if all else fails reinstall software .

Thank you very much for the help easymon!

I downloaded the stock 6 speed manual trans tune from Tune File Depot. I couldn't modify the VIN in V8 so I used the V7.5 Tune Tool. I noticed that when I saved the file from Tune Depot it was an EFILive V8 Tune File and I after I modified the VIN it was saved as a EFILive V7 Compressed Tune File. Did I do something wrong?

I plan on trying to flash the truck tomorrow after work as long as the weather permits. Also, when I do flash the tune that I now have, do I use the Cal Flash or the Full Flash?

Ok what you could have done when it download in v8 is install that in truck then when it finishes open scan tool on computer while everything is connected click on biodireconal and click on change vin. DO NOT TRY TO START TRUCK TILL VIN IS CHANGED or you can now change vin in 7.5 tune tool pull tune there then edit the vin save close and reopen should be change . Then go v8 ck click find your file and flash

Full flash not cal flash. hope this helps

Thank you very much for the help easymon! I braved the squall and completed the full flash yesterday afternoon.

Once I figure out how to log data I will be off to the races.

I should also mention, that when I flashed with the stock tune from tunedepot, I lost high idle/ idle selection with the cruise control switch. I have PIN 22 of the ECM grounded and now it doesn't work. it worked when I removed the SMARTY, so I'm not too sure what's going on here.

CMB.ctzThe high idle you will eather need to have turned on at dealer or find a stock file that has it enabled here is a clean stock file with it enabled.

Dont forget to change vin. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast