Thread: Logging boost

Default Logging boost

How do I go about logging boost with a 2 bar MAP? I've come across several old posts about making a custom PID however, my EFI live doesn't have a calc.pid.txt file. I'm running the most recent software version too.

I see that there are a couple premade PIDs like ACTBOOST and GM.BOOST.

Also, I might as well just ask, I set up a COS3 tune for myself, but I had a holdup on my 2 bar MAP so I did a full reflash of the factory type 1 bar tune. Now that I have the whole COS3 tune on my computer can I just do a full flash of that to my PCM instead of flashing the default COS3 tune and then doing a write over that? Thanks

Just to let everyone know I just ended up modifying the sae.generic txt file. I do not have a calc.pid txt file anywhere in my EFI live folder. I'm wondering if it was gotten rid of with the most recent version.

Ended up making a calculated PID to the effect of (SAE.MAP - 102)/6.895. My barometric pressure here is 102 kPA. I don't need the PID to be perfectly accurate so I didn't see the need to have another channel tied in up monitoring GM.BARO.

The calc_pid.txt file is in EFI Live folder in Documents, not Program files.

C:\Users\Your Name Here\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pid.txt

You could define the calc pid like this: "{SAE.MAP.psi} - 14.79"

( where 102 kPa / 6.985 = 14.79 psi )

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    The calc_pid.txt file is in EFI Live folder in Documents, not Program files.

C:\Users\Your Name Here\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pid.txt
    Thank you! I was going crazy trying to find that file. I took out the changes I made to the sae.generic file and put them in the calc.pid file to avoid losing them when updating software in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You could define the calc pid like this: "{SAE.MAP.psi} - 14.79"

( where 102 kPa / 6.985 = 14.79 psi )
    Definitely. But would there be any advantage (or difference) to doing it that way versus how I defined it?

Quote Originally Posted by GMCtrk View Post
    Definitely. But would there be any advantage (or difference) to doing it that way versus how I defined it?
    "({SAE.MAP} - 102)/6.895" gives the wrong answer if the scantool's default units for MAP are not kPa.

"{SAE.MAP.psi} - 14.79" gives the correct answer regardless of the scantool's default units.

So it won't give any advantage on your PC... until something happens to change the default units.

The real advantage is when you send a calc_pids.txt file to someone (their defaults units are always different).