i have an 08 6.7 and live in a emissions restricted state (MA). i have not yet bought EFI live but i would like to and am of course doing my research on the Cummins version. what i am trying to figure out is how "tuneable" is this software? can i go into the entire cummins pcm and make a complete custom tune? my main concern is emissions system delete support. will this software allow me to run code free ding free after the removal of catalytic converter? DPF? EGR? all, some or none?? i hear that chrysler vehicles are prob some of the worst to tune because of all the restrictions. i have a 2002 camaro with all emissions equipment removed a huge 7.0 motor 550RWHP and it was tuned with EFI Live in speed density rather than the OEM maf tune and it will pass all emissions test with flying colors! the car is straight piped no cats its basically a race car i drive occasionally on the streets and EFI live allowed me to have it tuned and pass emissions.
that being said i am wondering if the same can be done with my Cummins? from what i research it doesnt seem likely so i have to ask why? why cant certain items be "tuned out" like they can in GM vehicles?