Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 04.5 lly efi live

You should try to understand, there is a difference between purchasing EFILive, and purchase somebody's tuning talent. Evaluate what you really want. You do not have to purchase EFILive if you plan to never exploit the huge range of capabilities it has, and the learning curve that goes with it. Nobody anywhere has as much familiarity and experience with your LLY as we do, it has special consideration needs that many tuners are not aware of, fyi. EFILive made that possible and we are very grateful to the company for that.

One thing you should know also, if a tuner is willing to give you dirty tuning, you will not likely find integrity, pride or skill in really understanding tuning science. This area has gained wide attention as stated above, and those who value reputation and future in this industry will not indulge these requests. We have made that stand also. Realizing that this statement risks alienating you, it is just reality. Clean air is for all of us to enjoy.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Default 04.5 lly efi live

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    You should try to understand, there is a difference between purchasing EFILive, and purchase somebody's tuning talent. Evaluate what you really want. You do not have to purchase EFILive if you plan to never exploit the huge range of capabilities it has, and the learning curve that goes with it. Nobody anywhere has as much familiarity and experience with your LLY as we do, it has special consideration needs that many tuners are not aware of, fyi. EFILive made that possible and we are very grateful to the company for that.

One thing you should know also, if a tuner is willing to give you dirty tuning, you will not likely find integrity, pride or skill in really understanding tuning science. This area has gained wide attention as stated above, and those who value reputation and future in this industry will not indulge these requests. We have made that stand also. Realizing that this statement risks alienating you, it is just reality. Clean air is for all of us to enjoy.
    Yeah... That's what your customer I retuned this past week told me you said.. "No one has the experience with the LLY than we do"... Funny all I did was retune it and the smoke, rattle, and sloppy shifts went away.. Oh, he is also waiting for you to send him back his ECM you have had forever now.

It's the one that wouldn't crank when it was cold, and ya stick the stock ECM in and it fires right up.. If that rings a bell. Also getting charged a "unlocking fee" to unlock your tune to revise it? Wow... Poor fella.

Ex. I go to target and purchase a video game and get home to open the box and see it has the wrong game in it. I return to target and request another game because the advertised game was not in the proper package.. Target tells me "yes, we will give you the correct game you paid for.. But we have to charge you for opening the case and sticking the game in it that you originally wanted". I bite the bullet and say ok, target then proceeds on, charges me, and still never gives me my game or a refund... What a beautiful story! Lol
    Last edited by Dmaxink; February 3rd, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redbone21 View Post
    i have been looking around and im thinking that im gonna buy long horn fab shops tunes. they seem like they have something like i want. have any of you ever done buisness with them or used their tunes
    Please do some research before buying from them.

I know some way better tuners out there if you wish to talk just let me know and I can steer you in the right direction.

Default 04.5 lly efi live

Quote Originally Posted by redbone21 View Post
    i have been looking around and im thinking that im gonna buy long horn fab shops tunes. they seem like they have something like i want. have any of you ever done buisness with them or used their tunes
    Would you prefer to buy tunes from guys that have gotten popular by building simple lope/smoke tunes.. It would you rather buy tunes from guys that have the experience of tuning 9 second race trucks?

Just food for thought!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

^ he is right
    2008 CC/LB Z71 4x4
    Built Allison from Calvins Auto
    EFI Live by PPEI- KORY WILLIS MOAR FUEL!!!
    little stuff.... it's slow

Troll Performance Tuning Owner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12