Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 04.5 lly efi live

Default 04.5 lly efi live

im new to the diesel world and from everything i have read i think i would like to purchase efi live but i dont know where to start. im looking for power to tow with and milage when my truck is a daily driver. i would also like some added horse power when i want to play around and stuff. i would also like some smoke for when i want to play around. im not looking to hook up to a pulling sled or anything. i have an 04.5 lly and so far i bought a four inch exhaust with seven inch stacks, i have an egr delete, i have a s&b cold air intake with a new mouth piece. none of these item have been installed yet because i didn't know if the truck would throw codes if i put them on. i have a piller pod with a boost guage, a fuel pressure guage and a pyrometer

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like you are off to a good start, other than the stacks.... J/K. I just started tuning myself and have found there is a ton of help out there. Start by reading here, Dieselplace, and a few other forums. Go ahead and by the Flashscan V2 and take baby steps. Read and get a good idea of what needs to be changed to get the outcome you desire. Make sure you read and save multiple copies of your stock file, even make a backup on a cd. Then make small changes in the tables and test to make sure things are headed in the direction you were looking for.

If you are unsure of things PM some of the more helpful members in the threads you read, there are many here and on DP that enjoy helping others.

Im short on time but here are a couple rules to follow to keep you out of trouble.

The Duramax 6.6L in GM pickups (the Kodiak/Top Kick and G-Van use a different rating) has a limit of 1,365 continuous, with 1,435 allowed for transients of five minutes or less. -Diesel Power Magazine

Also be careful when adding power at 2000rpm or below to early of injection can start bending rods. There is alot more to this but again I'm short on time. This is where looking at other people's dependable tunes or asking questions to some of the more helpful tuners will save you alot of $ even if you have to spend some.

I would like to speak for 90% of the diesel owners out there YOU DON'T NEED SMOKE! That is why the EPA cracked down on the diesel performance tuning market because diesel exhaust is visible!

Alright rant over. Slowly increase boost, injection paluse width, and timing. That is a good start and like stated above small moves 5% at a time is a good small number to start with.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

fuel and timing are your main factors with these truck you can add boost but you can really only go so high. main pulse width with and without pilot and timing base c are your main tables. i would do like they said add slowly and feel it out. power is the easy part getting the mileage is the hard part.
    Just some guy

i dont think im ready to start tuning myself yet. im looking for something i can just plug in for now so i can get my feet wet

so you didnt buy it yet i take it if you dont buy one and are just looking for something to put on your truck you are still better off getting somebody to program your truck a experienced programmer will do alot more for you than any plug in box tuner.
    Just some guy

If you want to get your feet wet get Efilive. You don't have to get too deep to get some results you will notice right away. I suggest making a list of all the things you want to get out of a "tune".

If you just want power and want it now you can buy the FashScan V2 from a vendor that bundles it with their tunes. You will still have another licence left to tune one of your buddies trucks.

There are some easy changes you can do on your own with just a small amount of reading.

You could make your truck idle like an LB7 or have a turbo brake like the newer trucks with minimal changes to a few tables. Just for starters.

i have been looking around and im thinking that im gonna buy long horn fab shops tunes. they seem like they have something like i want. have any of you ever done buisness with them or used their tunes

i actually sell my own tunes so no have not bought from them.
    Just some guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast