Thread: Idle problem camaro 2010 procharger , 102 tb, cam, stroked to 417

Lifetime Member

Default Idle problem camaro 2010 procharger , 102 tb, cam, stroked to 417

One of my friends asked me if i was able to check the tune on his car because its having problems whit idle, as im on the learning curve i really dont know how to identify the problem on the tune, i logged the car to show how it is working and i atached the tune too.. the car has a procharger whit 10-11 lbs, it is a lsx 417 engine, has cam, intake manifold and 102 tb. the car runs right in mid and WOT but in idle it will revv up and down, we already search for vacuum problems but everything looks ok, so if anybody can help me to find if the problem is on the tune that will be great..!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yikes.

Ok, first the injector flow table is flat, which is not good. I am sure it has 80 plus lb injectors but the injector table should have been figured, then cut in half, and also cut the maf and vve in half to compensate. Also the knock sensors are virtually killed and the recovery rate is insane.

Proper fueling is crutial to idle quality, but there were some spark and airflow issues I made some changes to at idle to see if it helps. I have found the e38s like to have a good amount of spark correction capability at idle to keep the tb blade from doing it. When the blade starts moving at idle, it wont idle smooth, then you have spark and blade corrections fighting against each other.

Try this, just basic changes, but it may help. Id have your tuner reconsider the flow rate and injector tables and scale them down to maintain the correct shape, and then just scale the vve and maf down by that same amount to trick the ecm into thinking its breathing less to compensate for the injector scaling which will effectively over fuel on normal vve and maf configurations.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102