Thread: P1571 "traction control torque request circuit"

Default P1571 "traction control torque request circuit"

flashed a LS1A '97 vette and since once it goes above 3 kph it drops all timing and stalls the engine throwing code P1571. Full flash std suckout back in and still the same.

anyone come against this? Not a lot of vettes over here so new to me. Can't even get this thing to drive out the shop now with nothing more that a flash...

TIA

John

Goto www.gearchatter.com click on 1997 Corvette DTCs and find P1571.

Also see post #3 here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-s...1571-mean.html

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Goto www.gearchatter.com click on 1997 Corvette DTCs and find P1571.

Also see post #3 here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-s...1571-mean.html
    thanks Joe. Read that second thread on corvetteforums and the only thing that correlated is that it had a flat battery this morning for some reason. Have it on charge now and will try battery off, then on with fuse removed and see how I go. Can't get the gearchatter link to open.

if anyone has come across it personally and found the cure after low battery/battery replacement Iam all ears.

Hi John,
    I dont think the 1571 is your problem it sets in almost every 97 all the time and should not cause any issues. The 3 kph is a serious flag for column lock. Start by pulling all BCM fuses in the passenger foot well for at least ten seconds. Next check and see if the car has a relay recall kit installed if it does it is probably the relay they are VERY prone to failure. Programming out the column lock will not help you cant get around the BCM.
    IF it is not in the relay and you are not getting any service column lock messages on the DIC there is another weird issue with security i ran into it on my race car but forget the exact deal. It is basically the BCM never sees the security password so it does not send an unlock command to the column lock. Even if the lock is diabled by the relay kit the bcm does not know that so it assumes it is still locked and kills fuel with vehicle speed. Feel free to call me if its still giving you fits 937-609-3814.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dale C View Post
    Hi John,
    I dont think the 1571 is your problem it sets in almost every 97 all the time and should not cause any issues. The 3 kph is a serious flag for column lock. Start by pulling all BCM fuses in the passenger foot well for at least ten seconds. Next check and see if the car has a relay recall kit installed if it does it is probably the relay they are VERY prone to failure. Programming out the column lock will not help you cant get around the BCM.
    IF it is not in the relay and you are not getting any service column lock messages on the DIC there is another weird issue with security i ran into it on my race car but forget the exact deal. It is basically the BCM never sees the security password so it does not send an unlock command to the column lock. Even if the lock is diabled by the relay kit the bcm does not know that so it assumes it is still locked and kills fuel with vehicle speed. Feel free to call me if its still giving you fits 937-609-3814.

Dale
    you were smack on with this Dale...was able to get going with disabling column lock in VATS. Still can't believe disconnecting the battery could cause so many issues. Has "service column lock" in the DIC now though...