Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 05

Thanks!

When I get some time I'll see if I can break anything else....

I am also having problems with the chart blurring when I select the hardware acceleration check box. I have adjusted the settings in my control panel and I can't make it go away. I am almost sure it is just my older laptop's hardware.

Branden

I've just noticed that the last log I did has no external PID's in it. When I updated the V2 firmware, I did the following...

• Connected the V2, opened V8 S&T and read the current PID list from the V2 via the BBX window.
    • updated the firmware to the pre-release version.
    • formatted the config file system.
    • wrote the PID list from BBX tool.

I'm thinking that the "auto select all external PID's" option got unchecked, but I can't remember this happening with any other updates. I'll check the V2 tomorrow.

Simon.

EDIT: Looks like the external PID's just got dropped with the firmware flash. I'll run a test today.

EDIT: It was just the external serial PID's.
    Last edited by swingtan; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

My internet is slow here, not going to be able download the pre-release until tomorrow. Will send read files when I can for 3800 pcm.
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

No worries, it's not like we are about to enable 3800 tuning in the next release, it's just evaluating interest at this stage.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
    Thanks!

When I get some time I'll see if I can break anything else....

I am also having problems with the chart blurring when I select the hardware acceleration check box. I have adjusted the settings in my control panel and I can't make it go away. I am almost sure it is just my older laptop's hardware.

Branden
    Can you post a screen shot of the charts with and without the OpenGL option checked?

One issue I have seen is the fonts don't render properly on my hardware unless I first display the charts (at least once) without OpenGL selected, then I can change over to OpenGL selected.

Incorrect Font Rendering, when OpenGL is selected at program start-up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart_bad_font.PNG 
Views:	314 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	14484

Correct Font Rendering (after switching off OpenGL, re-displaying charts and then switching OpenGL back on again).

Name:	chart_good_font.PNG 
Views:	316 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	14483

I'm still working on a fix for that font issue.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default EFILive Pre-Release 05

Paul,

When I move the mouse around the charts with hardware acceleration active, the charts flash and mouse becomes very laggy.

With no acceleration it works ok. It could be my antique computer though.

I will try it on my Win7 i5 machine and report back.
    03 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of the charts with and without the OpenGL option checked?

One issue I have seen is the fonts don't render properly on my hardware unless I first display the charts (at least once) without OpenGL selected, then I can change over to OpenGL selected.

Incorrect Font Rendering, when OpenGL is selected at program start-up.

Name:	chart_bad_font.PNG 
Views:	314 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	14484

Correct Font Rendering (after switching off OpenGL, re-displaying charts and then switching OpenGL back on again).

Name:	chart_good_font.PNG 
Views:	316 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	14483

I'm still working on a fix for that font issue.

Regards
    Paul
    Here are the screenshots you requested. I was also getting the flashing like BlackCPG is at first but it has gone away. The blur is gone now also. The only thing different I have done was restart my computer. When I opened up the charts after the restart they appear correctly and do not flash. I double checked to see if acceleration was enabled and it was.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notBlurry3.PNG 
Views:	230 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	14488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blurry3.PNG 
Views:	212 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	14489  
    Last edited by bmc1025; February 3rd, 2013 at 03:58 PM.

No flashing or laggy mouse on the Win7 i5 machine.
    03 6spd

I installed the beta test, updated the firmware on the V2 flashscan unit, formatted both the system memory and the sd card via the flashscan unit, selected E38 and T43 in BBX and selected the pids i wanted (the V2 status is checked) configed the system then selected program all. Checked my V2 and it shows the E38 & T43 in the pid selection list menu. Plugged it into my vehicle to BBX log, selected the E38 & T43 pid. Switched the vehicle ignition to on selected "Display Data" the V2 then says "Error $0281 NO DATA FOUND" and also the same error messege comes up when you select "Record Data". Is there something i missed?
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottcmb View Post
    I installed the beta test, updated the firmware on the V2 flashscan unit, formatted both the system memory and the sd card via the flashscan unit, selected E38 and T43 in BBX and selected the pids i wanted (the V2 status is checked) configed the system then selected program all. Checked my V2 and it shows the E38 & T43 in the pid selection list menu. Plugged it into my vehicle to BBX log, selected the E38 & T43 pid. Switched the vehicle ignition to on selected "Display Data" the V2 then says "Error $0281 NO DATA FOUND" and also the same error messege comes up when you select "Record Data". Is there something i missed?
    After getting the error and before powering off the FlashScan, save a trace file (F1, F3, F1) and send it to me (paul@efilive.com)

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast