Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 05

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default EFILive Pre-Release 05

The latest EFILive software is now available as a pre-release to EFILive customers. This software is still being field tested and may contain undiscovered faults that may cause the software to fail.

Do not use this pre-release software in a production environment or where failure cannot be tolerated.

Download here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software...e_05_Setup.exe
    http://download.efilive.com/Software...e_05_Setup.exe

Significant new features:

Installer
    • Installer can now be run as a regular user with UAC (User Account Control) active without using the right-click "Run as administrator" option.

V7.5
    • Option to export all calibration data to Excel, use File->Export Calibration Data
    • Option to export calibration comparison to Excel, use [Export] button on calibration compare screen.

V8
    • Scan Tool Dashboard is operational for opening, displaying and saving log files. Make sure comments and other non scan data are copied from your V7 file to your V8 file when you save the data as a V8 log file. You can view the log file info by selecting: Config button drop down menu: Display/Change Log File Info (Ctrl+I)
    • Notes are per log file now not per installation, so different log files can have different descriptions for the same note number. Note numbers are limited to 0 thru 9 and 30 (30 is the note added to the log file when you press FlashScan's/AutoCal's OK button to pause/resume a BB log). Notes: 0..3 are added when you press F1..F4 on FlashScan's keypad and 4..7 are added when you press Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F4. Notes can be added/deleted in the V8 scan tool by right clicking on the charts.
    • Dashboard supports searching and filtering.
    • Dashboard gauges are not hooked up yet so they will remain unresponsive while displaying log files in the charts.
    • Navigating charts:
      • Highlight a section and left-click it to zoom to that selection.
      • Left-click the X-axis to zoom out to the entire log.
      • Roll the mouse scroll wheel up/down while hovering over an axis to move the axis up/down (or hover over the chart area to scroll the chart data left/right).
      • Hold the Ctrl key and roll the mouse scroll wheel up/down while hovering over an axis to change the axis zoom factor (or hover over the chart area to change the data zoom factor).
      • Left click in any axis to restore the default zoom and scale.
      • Hover mouse over axis-statistics when a selection is made to see a description of what the statistic represents (min, avg, max etc) and to have that statistic displayed on the chart.

• Right-click on the charts to access additional chart options.
    • LB7 and LLY autolocking has been implemented. Please test and re-test the autolocking on your own equipment before relying on it to secure your customer's tunes. Ross and I have tested it here on bench systems but not in a truck. I'd hate for it to fail while autolocking the controller and have the controller end up being rendered unusable.
    • You can access the [F4: OBD] tab page by holding down the right-Ctrl and right -Alt keys while clicking on the [F4: OBD] icon. There's not much implemented in that window yet, I think only the E38 controller is supported at the moment (just testing). But I will be adding all the EPA/DTC stuff to that window over the next few releases. Feel free to check it out every so often.
    • Calculated PIDs support has been added. Pre-defined calculated PIDs can't be changed. Access calculated PIDs by selecting: Config button drop down menu: Calculated PIDs (Ctrl+K)
    • Custom Units can be defined - see Edit->Properties->General->Units
    • A skeleton V8 user manual is included, see the V8 start menu under documents.
    • PID selections can be copied/pasted between Scan Tool and BBX windows.
    • Existing/saved window sizes and positions and other user defined config data may be lost when upgrading to this pre-release. That is because older software versions saved/update their configuration (*.ini) files into the "Program Files" folder. The software now loads/stores the *.ini files from the user's Documents folder.

New ECM Read Support for V8

• E20 DCM3.7AP ECM - 2011+ Cruze, Captiva, Orlando Diesel's (non USA models)
    • 1996 - 2007 '3800 V6' PCM's
    • E16 Motorola PCM (mid 2000's 4 cyl)

Please note, by us adding read support does not mean we will necessarily add full tuning support, they are under assessment.

Firmware

• You must manually update the firmware in your FlashScan and AutoCal devices using the firmware option in EFILive Explorer.
    • During the pre-release, the firmware version will remain at V2.07.35 (the same as the current public release). That allows customers to easily revert back to the current public release firmware if this pre-release firmware causes "show stopping" problems.
    • You can determine which firmware is in your device by the firmware date. The pre-release version has a date of Jan 31 2013, the current public release has a date of June 22, 2012.

The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in this pre-release.
    The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of this pre-release.

Bug Fixes:
    • Many bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

1. When charts are configured to use OpenGL hardware graphics acceleration the PID caption fonts can sometimes be rendered incorrectly.
    2. When charts are configured to use OpenGL hardware graphics acceleration the charts are sometimes not rendered at all until the mouse cursor is dragged into the chart area.
    3. Main window can be re-sized vertically too small causing the EFILive logo to overlap the Tools icon (fixed in pre-release 06).
    4. Properties window can be re-sized too small to cause some properties to become hidden /inaccessible, off of the bottom edge of the window (fixed in pre-release 06).
    5. When expanding PID groups the expanded PID group scrolls to the top which pushes other expanded groups off the top of the page, effectively hiding previously visible expanded PID groups (fixed in pre-release 06).
    6. Chart scroll bar does not accurately represent the data when zoomed all the way out (fixed in pre-release 06).
    7. Ctrl+Alt+S (Zoom to selection) does not work (fixed in pre-release 06).
    8. Dashboard "Save As" dialog box under Windows XP contains garbage for "Save as type" drop down list box (fixed in pre-release 06).
    9. PID captions on chart axis are not being saved when dashboard is saved (fixed in pre-release 06).
    10. Dashboard is not being added correctly to the "quick select" drop down list when dashboard is saved if dashboard is saved in a folder other than the default dashboard folder (fixed in pre-release 06).
    11. Dashboard folder should be auto-selected when opening/saving dashboard files (fixed in pre-release 06).
    12. V7 Scan Tool option: "Edit->Copy for export to V8" does not copy PIDs in a format that is compatible with the new V8 software (fixed in pre-release 06).
    13. P05 read script error (fixed in pre-release 06).
    14. E83 and E20 BBL support (added in pre-release 06).
    15. Un-checked BBL controllers are still visible on FlashScan's PID selection menu (fixed in pre-release 06).

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; October 15th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

sub-ed for bugs
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Lifetime Member

Found a few bugs, going to do a quick write-up then post back.

Dig the look of the new Scan tool though! And LOVE how fast it loads log files, plus traces the data with the cursor.

No updated .calz files though? Still dont have access to the 13 Impala with E39 OS 12655481.

EDIT:
    Cant upload a Word .docx, it's zipped instead. Hope this helps out a little, if some of these are design then just ignore them. Also, I cant open the F4 OBD using that keyboard shortcut and clicking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; January 31st, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

For the 3800 pcm: does it matter to you if it's the supercharged version or not? I have access to a couple of each type.
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by skills4lou View Post
    For the 3800 pcm: does it matter to you if it's the supercharged version or not? I have access to a couple of each type.
    All of them I think, the more reads the better the chance is they'll be supported.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    No updated .calz files though? Still dont have access to the 13 Impala with E39 OS 12655481.
    No, sorry they are still outstanding, planned to be done for the final stable release though.

Quote Originally Posted by skills4lou View Post
    Doesn't matter what it is, try read it and send it in. All three PCM types should read, if V8 doesn't auto detect the 3800 PCM type just select it from the list. Please note though, we (and wait4me) had done some work on these PCM's maybe 4 or 5 years ago, Jesse said he's pretty much got the cals done for them based on the work we did back then. I can't promise anything, but if there is enough interest (again) and it's only a few weeks work for us to support them all then we'll do it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

V8 Scan tool:

• When attempting to "Zoom Selected" (cntrl - alt - s) it seems to actually perform a "Zoom None"
    • When zooming all the way out, the scroll bar at the bottom sits on the left hand side, even if there is no additional frames to display. This makes it look like you can move the scroll bar to the right, but there's nothing to move to. When all available frames are displayed, the scroll bar should occupy the entire "scroll" widget so as to indicate all frames are currently displayed.
    • When selecting PID's for charts in the V8 Scan Tool, the list of available PIDs is incomplete. The PID's appear in alphabetical order, but only go as far as "EXT" prefixed PIDs. I cannot select PIDs such as "GM.KNKRET" as it's not listed. If I change to a different controller log, I see TCM PID's but not all of them, so I think it's a PID count issue.

It's blindingly fast though. The 46MB E39 file took 8 seconds to plot!

When a custom dashboard is re-loaded, the custom PID text is not. The default name(s) are loaded.

When right clicking and selecting a PID, the error below is shown. Win XP SP3 (Win7 ok)
    This happened twice, and has not happened since.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8 Error.PNG 
Views:	846 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	14463
    Also have a similar error when attempting to edit a note. Both XP and Win7.

Odd data in save as dialog. Win XP SP3 (Win7 ok)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8Error2.PNG 
Views:	799 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	14465

Really like the new look and feel, and wow is it fast!
    03 6spd

I cant open the F4 OBD using that keyboard shortcut and clicking.
    I meant to remove that "shortcut" description from the comments in the first post before posting. It wasn't supposed to be public - doh, too late now

Regards
    Paul

Found a few bugs, going to do a quick write-up then post back.
    Thanks for the write-up, they are all on the list to be fixed.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast