Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 05

Lifetime Member

No problem, I also encountered the same thing as Simon with the log zoomed all the way out (scrollbar docks to the left side even though it should just be across the entire window).

Unfortunately without maps, kinda hard to use for test/tuning still. Ill try it out tomorrow on my way to work, stoked that this means both ECM and TCMs can be logged at once (via pass-thru)!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    No problem, I also encountered the same thing as Simon with the log zoomed all the way out (scrollbar docks to the left side even though it should just be across the entire window).

Unfortunately without maps, kinda hard to use for test/tuning still. Ill try it out tomorrow on my way to work, stoked that this means both ECM and TCMs can be logged at once (via pass-thru)!
    Pass-thru logging is not available yet. The pre-release software is only capable of loading/displaying/editing log files at the moment.
    But yes, once I activate pass-thru then you can log both ECM and TCM together, (although you can do that now using BBL).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    When attempting to "Zoom Selected" (cntrl - alt - s) it seems to actually perform a "Zoom None"
    Yes, that's broken - will be fixed asap.

When zooming all the way out, the scroll bar at the bottom sits on the left hand side, even if there is no additional frames to display. This makes it look like you can move the scroll bar to the right, but there's nothing to move to. When all available frames are displayed, the scroll bar should occupy the entire "scroll" widget so as to indicate all frames are currently displayed.
    Yes, that's broken too - will be fixed asap.

When selecting PID's for charts in the V8 Scan Tool, the list of available PIDs is incomplete. The PID's appear in alphabetical order, but only go as far as "EXT" prefixed PIDs. I cannot select PIDs such as "GM.KNKRET" as it's not listed. If I change to a different controller log, I see TCM PID's but not all of them, so I think it's a PID count issue.
    Do you mean the PIDs listed in the green section or the yellow section? If you mean green, then those PIDs come from the log file, in which case could you please send me the log files so I can see the problem for myself.

It's blindingly fast though. The 46MB E39 file took 8 seconds to plot!
    I have been working hard on the code optimization - I even had to learn OpenGL to implement the hardware acceleration
    The Tune Tool maps are also developed using OpenGL 3D hardware acceleration, they are also crisp and fast - here's what they look like in the V8 tune tool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tune3d.PNG 
Views:	461 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	14466

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCPG View Post
    When a custom dashboard is re-loaded, the custom PID text is not. The default name(s) are loaded.
    I can't reproduce this problem, can you list the exact steps that you took that show this problem?

When right clicking and selecting a PID, the error below is shown. Win XP SP3 (Win7 ok)
    This happened twice, and has not happened since.
    Attachment 14463
    Also have a similar error when attempting to edit a note. Both XP and Win7.
    Again I can't reproduce this. If you can reproduce it again, the exact step required to reproduce will allow me to track it down.

Odd data in save as dialog. Win XP SP3 (Win7 ok)
    Attachment 14465
    I can reproduce this problem on WinXP, it is on the list to be fixed.

Really like the new look and feel, and wow is it fast!
    Thanks

Regards
    Paul

I am having a problem with the V2 handheld since the firmware and V8 update, when using the hot key F1 which I have set to LS1B I get error code $0185 file or folder not found. I programmed it with V8 under the BBX button. I switched the F1 hotkey to E35A and it loads.

UPDATE: I moved the LS1B to F3 and it won't read there either. Are my LS1B files corrupt? I have tried reformatting the config file and reprogramming with the BBX button in V8. How can I get good LS1B files for the BBX?

Thanks,

Branden
    Last edited by bmc1025; January 31st, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Do you mean the PIDs listed in the green section or the yellow section? If you mean green, then those PIDs come from the log file, in which case could you please send me the log files so I can see the problem for myself.
    Hmm.... I was trying to chart GM.KNKRET, but couldn't find it. Now I can.

It may have been an issue with dual monitors, as previously I was working on the second monitor. I can't remember seeing the little "scroll up / down" arrows on the chart PID list before, but maybe the bigger monitor didn't need them? I'll try a different monitor later to see if it acts the same.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
    I am having a problem with the V2 handheld since the firmware and V8 update, when using the hot key F1 which I have set to LS1B I get error code $0185 file or folder not found. I programmed it with V8 under the BBX button. I switched the F1 hotkey to E35A and it loads.

UPDATE: I moved the LS1B to F3 and it won't read there either. Are my LS1B files corrupt? I have tried reformatting the config file and reprogramming with the BBX button in V8. How can I get good LS1B files for the BBX?

Thanks,

Branden
    In V8 under BBx, did you do Program All (accessible via downarrow next to Program)...?

downloaded and installed

When a custom dashboard is re-loaded, the custom PID text is not. The default name(s) are loaded.
    I can't reproduce this problem, can you list the exact steps that you took that show this problem?
    - Select E54 -> Select "DMAX_TRQ_M","FUEL_MAIN_M","RPM" -> Charts(F4) -> Right click and select PID's -> Config - Edit Dashboard-> Select PID's on dashboard and change the caption name to "Torque", "Fuel", "RPM" -> OK -> Save Dashboard As -> Save as "test.dsh" > Close V8 -> Re-open V8 -> Scan Tool -> Open dashboard -> test.dsh -> PID's did not retain the custom caption text, they say DMAX_TRQ_M ect.

This does the same thing for other controllers and PID's as well.

When right clicking and selecting a PID, the error below is shown. Win XP SP3 (Win7 ok)
    This happened twice, and has not happened since.

Attachment 14463
    Also have a similar error when attempting to edit a note. Both XP and Win7.
    Again I can't reproduce this. If you can reproduce it again, the exact step required to reproduce will allow me to track it down.
    This did it today in Win7 as well.
    It is hit and miss. When it does it, Charts(F4) -> Right click -> Select PID -> Access violation error
    Also, Open log file -> log1.efi -> Right click - options - notes - add note -> hover the note and right click -> options - notes - edit note -> Access violation error.
    03 6spd

Does this pre-release fix the 6.7 Cummins overhead and dinging issues?

Tobin
    2006 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins 48RE
    2008 6.7 Cummins swap in 1997 Ford F250 + 4R100 with PCS Control

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast