Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 05

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hit Auto Detect and see if the PCM comes up (be good feedback) and read it out!
    Well, two problems:
    First, the car (2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP)is not here. It's my FIL's, at least until I get it bought from him, and he's in town.
    Second: How do I manually update the firmware? I plugged it into my 98 Olds and get an error about the script not working with my firmware. EFIlive explorer says I have the current version.
    Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, I found it! I have the pre-release 06 running right now, and firmware version 2.07.35 dated 2/4/2013. Back at it....
    Hopefully the Grandprix gets home soon!

And another gremlin: I keep getting an error code when I'm trying to program the V2 for different controllers. "Error: $0194: Write failure." Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by skills4lou; March 2nd, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

Your config space is full, remove some of the config items, and reformat the config space before reprogramming it.

BTW: RC1 came out a day or two ago.

Thanks Joe. I'll download RC1 this next week when I have faster internet. Out here in the boonies it takes me about 3 minutes to just download this page!
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

P04B.ctz

OK, here's the file (if it'll upload). Autodetect worked, and the PCM came up as "P04B"

GMPX - I've got hundreds of 3100/3400/3800 PCM Reads from cars. Have some all the way back to early '95 that had OBD-II

I'm guessing though that you don't need the files as much as the validation of your reading routines?

Like I told you guys in the past, more than happy to help you out on that front.

Thanks Beyerch, it does seem to be a platform that people are always asking about (still) all these years on.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678