Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 05

As i posted on the Facebook page. I tried pulling the code out of my 04 grand prix gtp. It auto detected to PO5A and had a script failure. The correct ecu PO4B would try and fail when pulling the code saying it was locked under a different key.

I too tried my fathers 97 blazer (though there wasn't really an option) it too had script failure under all ecus that i tried.

Yeah thanks, I'm just checking the P05 issue out now...
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
    The box is checked.... It worked before the update, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: I wanted to add that it will not work under Scan -> Select PIDs either.

Thanks,
    Branden
    The Options.txt file that you sent to me only has the L31 (Vortec) controller selected.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbl_1.PNG 
Views:	351 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	14477

You need to check the box next to the LS1B controller if you want that set up on the FlashScan device.

Regads
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshDA9 View Post
    As i posted on the Facebook page. I tried pulling the code out of my 04 grand prix gtp. It auto detected to PO5A and had a script failure. The correct ecu PO4B would try and fail when pulling the code saying it was locked under a different key.
    Ok, it's just a file name that is wrong on the install, we'll fix it for the next pre-release update.
    If you want to fix it yourself, just go to the folder:

For 32bit Windows:
    :\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config
    For 64bit Windows:
    :\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config

Change the file name 'P05_R.obj' to 'P05A_R.obj' and it should read out fine then.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX i will manually update it and try to read it out but shouldn't it the correct ecu be PO4B since its a 04? although it did autodetct to PO5A

Do you know what your GTP PCM looks like? Just confirm it with the image shown in V8 after it autodetcts the PCM type.
    The year model of the vehicle isn't how the detection is based (or how the PCM's are named), the P05 actually has 'P05' stamped in the case. Several queries are sent to the PCM on the VPW bus, obviously your PCM has sent back a message that was a match for a P05A PCM, so I would say it's going to be one of them.
    When you get it to read then please Email the file to support@efilive.com

I don't think you will get the Blazer to work, it's not a supported PCM at all.

Thanks.

It pulled out correctly after changing that file name. email sent.

I was just wondering when will we be able to use the tune/edit feature with V.8? Also will the maps and data be up in running in the full release update? the gauges and charts look great with some of my old logs in them.

The plan has always been to get the Scantool side of V8 working before the Tune Tool. Time wise it would be foolish to give one, nothing ever goes as planned with programming and even if it did there is always interruptions to the process to delay things. The only loose answer I can give is that the V8 tuning tool is being worked on as a high priority in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The Options.txt file that you sent to me only has the L31 (Vortec) controller selected.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbl_1.PNG 
Views:	351 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	14477

You need to check the box next to the LS1B controller if you want that set up on the FlashScan device.

Regads
    Paul
    OK I was changing things around when I uploaded that options.txt file sorry this is what it looks like now and still having the same problem. My select PID list screen also lists all of the controllers not just the selected ones like under the Tune menu.

I have formatted the config and selected program all with this options.txt file also.

I have attached a screen shot and my latest options.txt file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID list2.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	814 Bytes 
ID:	14480  
    Attached Files Attached Files

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
    OK I was changing things around when I uploaded that options.txt file sorry this is what it looks like now and still having the same problem. My select PID list screen also lists all of the controllers not just the selected ones like under the Tune menu.

I have formatted the config and selected program all with this options.txt file also.

I have attached a screen shot and my latest options.txt file
    Thanks, with that file you sent I can reproduce the problem that you describe. Working on a fix for it.
    Also, the non-checked items should not appear in the FlashScan PID selection menu, so I'll be fixing that as well.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast