Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 05

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Pre-release 06 is now available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Pre-Release-06

See first post in this thread for a list of bug fixes in pre-release 06.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    After getting the error and before powering off the FlashScan, save a trace file (F1, F3, F1) and send it to me (paul@efilive.com)

Regards
    Paul
    Email sent to you Paul with a copy of the trace file

Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No, sorry they are still outstanding, planned to be done for the final stable release though.

Doesn't matter what it is, try read it and send it in. All three PCM types should read, if V8 doesn't auto detect the 3800 PCM type just select it from the list. Please note though, we (and wait4me) had done some work on these PCM's maybe 4 or 5 years ago, Jesse said he's pretty much got the cals done for them based on the work we did back then. I can't promise anything, but if there is enough interest (again) and it's only a few weeks work for us to support them all then we'll do it.
    There is tons of intrest in these all over the net. Build it and they will come!

There is also tons of intrest and many more 98-00 Vortec trucks that do not go the EFI Live route because of the lack of supported paremeters in tune editor. Finish development and they will come! I know they are there, some are in other software and the rest I found in a dissasembly. EFI Live just need to finish it in a quality worthy of the EFI Live name!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    There is tons of intrest in these all over the net. Build it and they will come!

There is also tons of intrest and many more 98-00 Vortec trucks that do not go the EFI Live route because of the lack of supported paremeters in tune editor. Finish development and they will come! I know they are there, some are in other software and the rest I found in a dissasembly. EFI Live just need to finish it in a quality worthy of the EFI Live name!
    I don't see why they would put anymore effort into the 98-00 VORTEC ECM when it is a poor ECM to start with and the LS1A 0411 swap is fairly easy with ALOT more tuneability to it and a faster processor.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

That is the internet rumor and they are hard to break!

It's a way better PCM when it has all the paremters added, then no need to change PCM to one that has been well developed!

Lifetime Member

That is the internet rumor and they are hard to break!

It's a way better PCM when it has all the paremters added, then no need to change PCM to one that has been well developed!
    I agree it has the potential, problem is its going to be a REALLY hard sell to have EFILive re-look at it especially when a viable alternative (LS1B 512kb PCM swap) exists. Jesse might have some more stuff developed, but I dont know for sure.

Heck, you can buy 512kb PCMs used off eBay daily for under $40, Roland (Boost) sold me the one he had lying around for $20! Some of these even have BOTH PCM connectors, I bought a 1MB PCM with connectors and used one to build my bench harness for LS1B PCMs. Plus, the Vortec PCM will NEVER get COS options, so if someone plans to do anything crazy with one of those engines its going to get a LS1B PCM swap.

I wish there was a way around it, if you have found params then talk to Joe about setting up .cax files so you can use the Tune tool to view/edit them. At least the Vortec and 4cyl PCM guys have swap options, the P10 I6 guys have no alternative. (Maybe a P12 swap, not sure though.)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Number of 3800 PCM reads sent in since releasing the option = 0, yes, 0. Looks like interest may have faded perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I don't see why they would put anymore effort into the 98-00 VORTEC ECM when it is a poor ECM to start with and the LS1A 0411 swap is fairly easy with ALOT more tuneability to it and a faster processor.
    The Vortec PCM's life was ended 13 years ago, there won't be any more effort put in to it, sorry EagleMark, and as THEFERMANATOR says, the 0411 swap brings a lot more options to the table for tuning (Road Runner for starters), if GM didn't keep releasing new ECM's every three years we might have considered revisiting some of these older PCM's again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I almost bought a 3800 PCM just to send a read into you guys lol.

Ross, it might take putting the bootloaders/etc into a public release to start getting reads. I had to revert back to the June 2012 public version on my laptop because I was tuning a car this past weekend and it was a PITA, wiped all my settings out.

Ill keep my eye out, but right now I dont know anyone who has a 3800. (Except Joe, didnt you have one for your wife a few years back, already upgrade?)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yeah fair call Erik, I shouldn't judge on a pre-release when many will choose not to use it. Don't worry about buying a 3800 PCM, I have a pile of them here. I think we got them for $5ea off Ebay in a bulk lot years ago.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I wish there was a way around it, if you have found params then talk to Joe about setting up .cax files so you can use the Tune tool to view/edit them.
    I already set up the cax file with approx 50 more paremeters to make the Vortec a tunable PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Number of 3800 PCM reads sent in since releasing the option = 0, yes, 0. Looks like interest may have faded perhaps?
    Not a surprise, just like the Vortec PCM, all the people with them and 3800 PCM have not purchased EFI live so how could you get any reads? The market is still there, just no one to fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I agree it has the potential, problem is its going to be a REALLY hard sell to have EFILive re-look at it especially when a viable alternative (LS1B 512kb PCM swap) exists. Jesse might have some more stuff developed, but I dont know for sure.

Heck, you can buy 512kb PCMs used off eBay daily for under $40, Roland (Boost) sold me the one he had lying around for $20! Some of these even have BOTH PCM connectors, I bought a 1MB PCM with connectors and used one to build my bench harness for LS1B PCMs. Plus, the Vortec PCM will NEVER get COS options, so if someone plans to do anything crazy with one of those engines its going to get a LS1B PCM swap.
    So the cost of used parts is cheap, installing them on top of a tune is a lot of labor. Most people I talk to don't want the complications of a hacked together vehicle. Worry they may not be able to get service...

With the economy here the big performance builds have gone extinct and with current administration keeping the economy from ever recovering the days of performance builds of plenty is history. The new market is all about tweaking what they have for fuel economy and will always be there, whether or not money starts flowing again like it was until 2007 when there was an abundance to spend on performance toys.

Differant world now, need to look at things differantly to keep getting new customers, or stay in business for a product only designed for Performance use.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast