Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New to EFILive, Help increasing AFR

Quote Originally Posted by sonicgroove View Post
    Joe, I think you deleted my duplicate post which I edited, haha. In anycase I just wanted to clarify with you regarding your options.txt file, which btw is awsome and thanks, but is the calc.vm pidlist the pids I need for perform a calc.vet/maf? Because I also see a calc.ve and calc.maf but assumed that were specific and the vm was for both?

-Shaun
    Yes, correct:
    - calc.ve = calc.vet pids
    - calc.maf = calc.maft pids
    - calc.vm = both calc.vet and calc.maft

Shaun,

Are you in So.Cal...?

Did you get your RX7 thru smog testing, if so how did it go (what did you do about exhaust system)...?

Yes I am in SoCal. I haven't had the car legalized yet. I have been too damn lazy to connect the air pump. My plan is to play it dumb when I go to see the ref. I am using a stock ecu hence efilive. I have a 2000 ls1 but setting it up as if it were a 2002. Which did away with egr. So I have 2002 exhaust manifolds and an ls6 intake to match. I am running the stock cats from a 2000 camaro I had to cut and reweld the piping a bit to make it fit but the cats and o2 sensors are more or less at factory locations. I went to a buddys smog shop to test the vehicle if it would pass and it did but I was not convinced yet. I built a custom exhaust and ran additional high flow cats which I will claim are "resonators." With 4 cats on the vehicle I very confident I will pass smog with flying colors. With efilive I got all SRT to state ready. I will claim I have the fuel pressure sensors installed in the tank and the stock camaro evap mounted under the chassis next to the diff which will be covered by an aluminum sheet. As far as intake goes I bought the factory intake box but decided to go with the carb legal K&N intake. It wouldn't fit as it was intended for obvious reasons so i just set it up as a short ram intake. I make a shroud for the radiator to mimic k&ns radiator shroud and put the carb sticker on that. I am currently in the process of isolating the intake by creating a box. This was all planned out after speaking with the ref over the phone. He said he has seen his fair share of ls1 rx7 come in. He sounded like he would be pretty lenient on some situations. For example if my makeshift intake system won't work I could just come in hoodless with the stock camaro airbox intake. This is what some of the previous cars he passed did. Regarding the exhaust he said if stock cats are used and their distance has not change more than a few inches from the stock location then anything afterwards doesn't matter. So you could run any custom exhaust setup after the cats. One of my concerns include them seeing a 241 head instead of the expected 243.

Hope this answers your questions.

-Shaun
    1987 MAZDA RX-7 LS1 T56 | 1995 MAZDA RX-7 ST PORT BOLT ONS ADAPTRONIC PNP | 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TSP 416 LS3 T56 MAGNUM E40 ECM

Is the ref expecting to see 241 heads...?

I don't know and I hope not.

So I did a quick bbx log around the neighborhood just to see how it works and this prompted yet more questions but I do have to say, the buzzing sound the v2 makes when reading positive on KR was surprising and a nice add-on. First up I could not display wb data on the v2 but I guess I kind of expected that since it appears F1 scan tools > F2 data logging > F3 display w02 is for serial devices only. Moving on I loaded up the log and I tried to apply the transient filters but am unable to do so. According to efi scan tools it is because I did not log sae.ect which I know I did. Furthermore some data is not being logged. On dashboard B it is just crossed out. To begin with what I did was I customized the ect pid to display F rather than C and hoped it would help. I also removed one of the pids and replaced it with ext.ad1. Saved the txt file and programmed it to the v2. Did another quick run loaded up the log and after selecting the appropriate calc.pids I was able to get dat, wb lam, and dat, cylair, and vedca to be unstriked and display data. ECT was also displaying data. However I could not get the heater sensors to display data but I figure ho2s11 and 21 will be striked out because those pids can't be logged without going over the v2 module channel count of 24?

Regardless of the ho2 data if am I logging the necessary pids to perform a bbx calc.vet/maf tune I needn't worry about the rest of the data right? I can go ahead and tune my ve and maf tables without the striked out data?

-Shaun
    1987 MAZDA RX-7 LS1 T56 | 1995 MAZDA RX-7 ST PORT BOLT ONS ADAPTRONIC PNP | 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TSP 416 LS3 T56 MAGNUM E40 ECM

Shaun,

I would not mention the heads to him.

I would not mention that you have PCM editing software, either.

Lol, the buzzing is very helpful, you can configure it on any condition you want to be alerted, I find it useful for presence of KR.

Yes, that's for serial wideband... you can still display analog wideband raw voltage (EXT.AD1) which mentally you know what voltage corresponds to stoich and PE.

You don't really need SAE.ECT because GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA is used for Calc.VET and Calc.MAF (this is the temperature the PCM uses internally for air calcs).

Use the pidlist calc.ve to include HO2Sx1. The pidlists calc.maf and calc.vm replace HO2Sx1 with other pids (yes, to keep the channel count less/equal to 24).

For the red X pids, on each one do rightclick->More Info and see what other pids it says it requires to be selected, and go select those, do this until all the red X's are gone...

and then save the pids to file File->Save->PIDs.

Post your log file...

Post screenshots of the PID tab, the Data tab, and Dash B.

Hey Joe,

I definitely won't be mentioning the efilive nor the heads, hence the idea of playing dumb, haha. I hope it works... really do...

The buzzing is definitely awesome, but it continues to remind me of how much knock my car is registering... ><

Thats pretty much what I've been doing to get the red x's to go green with the exception of saving the pidlist. Now it is saved, lol.

I got to say joe... I am starting to get really frustrated with calc.vet. I don't know why my calc.vet map keeps suggesting to go richer or whatever its doing... I apply the filters yet after every log, in cells I think should go lean, it tells me I need to go rich! I really want to kick myself. Is there something I am missing? A miscalculated pid text file, poor driving techniques, bad o2/wb sensors, faulty maf sensors? I mean I don't get it. The procedure seems simple enough and I was thinking by now my ve table and my and maf would be tuned and I would see 14.57/14.63 across the board... nope... I keep switching tunes, try changing filters, thought my wb was to blame, but just don't know anymore.

Here is my last log done via bbx and the tune that was running during that log. Also attached is my filters.txt, calc.pids.txt

This all I change before a log. Afterwards I wait to hit operating temps then begin recording. My driving consists of WOT from 3500 up usually on 3rd/4th gear with 0% tps deceleration in gear as low as I can go in almost every gear possible. I try to do some slow accelerations to the mid rpms and add as much daily driving in as possible. On some other logs I also tried braking and low gear hard acceleration to hit more of the cells. I just haven't done it recently because I don't feel confident the calc.vet values would be "right."

B0701 Changed from Enabled to Disabled (Change back after logging)
    B0120 Changed from 4000 to 400 (Change back after logging)
    B3313 Changed from -30C to 140C (Change back after logging)

What am I doing wrong or what am I missing?

calc_pids.txt
    Filters.txt
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Manual LS1 5.7L with 2002 VIN (OS-12212156) Modified to match 2000 C.tun
    LS1B_0007shortened to 2mb.efi

-Shaun

Post screenshots of your CALC.VET map and SELBEN map.

Im not home right now but the last file attached ls1b0007 is my log that includes the selbens and calcvet maps data. I wont be home till around 8pm tonight.

-shaun

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post screenshots of your CALC.VET map and SELBEN map.
    Hey Joe, per your request I posted a screenshot of my calc.vet and selbens maps. On the left is the map before the filter is applied, the right is filter applied. As always, your input would be appreciated. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvet.selbens maps before.after filter.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	14684

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast