Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New to EFILive, Help increasing AFR

Weird, I see wideband AFR (CALC.AFR_NGK1 and CALC.WB.AFR) go rich on decel...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Shaun,

In BBx pidlist for logging calc.vet, click the V7 button and add the following pids:
    CALC.AFR_NGK1
    CALC.WB
    CALC.DAT
    CALC.VEN
    CALC.VET

save to file, and program to V2.
    Joe... sometimes I wonder why I don't think of these things... Will do.

LS1B_0011.efi is a good log, wideband signal looks very good, looks like it is working right...

use this log to do one iteration of Calc.VET...

make sure the transient filter filters out closed throttle.
    Because I couldn't get dfco to work I kept battling if I could control it by tuning it out, but since dfco is working I am no longer worried about that and will definitely keep your filter as is. That is... filtering closed throttle out via including data with tps greater or equal to 1%. I was surprised average ltft were 1.5/1.3 for banks 1/2. My target goal for LTFT in a long datalog is 0 to -1.

In this log I actually returned all settings back to stock. Would it be accurate to use considering dfco was on, b0120 was changed to 400, and b0701 was enabled?

The Calc.VET procedure does this:

- filters out transient air conditions (when you apply the transient filter)(which also filters out VE contribution);
    - corrects the MAF using LTFTBEN (CL=1) and WO2BEN (CL=0) [ i.e. multiplies existing MAF by the BEN correction factor ];
    - calculates the VE from the corrected MAF (using IGL equation) [ i.e. calculates a new VE from the corrected MAF ];

take note of how the words "correction" and "calculation" are used;

to apply the MAF correction: do paste-multiply (with-labels) of the CALC.SELBEN map into B5001,
    to apply the VE calculation: do paste (with-labels) of the CALC.VET map into B0101,

( always use the with-labels variants of the paste commands to ensure that the pasted map is correctly aligned in the table ).
    Got it.

Your IAT (and consequently CALC.DAT) is high... can you replumb for cold air...?
    I am actually in the process of this. Its a shortram intake that will be isolated by an abs plastic wall and sealed by the hood. Under the intake will be a hole that will use the stock brake duct modified to guide/ram air into the isolated box. Its a water proof cold-air intake that will be safe to operate during flooded cali winters. I am about halfway done.

Weird, I see wideband AFR (CALC.AFR_NGK1 and CALC.WB.AFR) go rich on decel...
    Well, compared to when dfco was deactivated it is so much improved but I do see it as well. I also noticed it while driving. It was hard to activate/deactivate it because of the aggressive settings. I am going to see if I can smooth it transitions between activate and deactivate but try to get it to activate earlier so I can catch

Joe can you answer a few questions for me?
    Do LTFT trim with a target goal of B3601 which the pcm sets as GM.EQR 1?
    How does 3605 work in relation to 3618, 3617, when in ol/pe/wot? I would like to set it up so at WOT at any range always hits .86/1.16
    If my LTFT averages are positive 1.5/1.3% could I just add 1.5% throughout the entire ve table to get my target average of 0 to -1%?

Thanks

-Shaun
    1987 MAZDA RX-7 LS1 T56 | 1995 MAZDA RX-7 ST PORT BOLT ONS ADAPTRONIC PNP | 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TSP 416 LS3 T56 MAGNUM E40 ECM

Btw, I was not able to add all the necessary calc.pids on bbx. There is not enough space to enter all my preselected pids. Can I add more somehow, or will I just have to manual select them after loading the log?

-Shaun
    1987 MAZDA RX-7 LS1 T56 | 1995 MAZDA RX-7 ST PORT BOLT ONS ADAPTRONIC PNP | 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TSP 416 LS3 T56 MAGNUM E40 ECM

Quote Originally Posted by sonicgroove View Post
    Btw, I was not able to add all the necessary calc.pids on bbx. There is not enough space to enter all my preselected pids. Can I add more somehow, or will I just have to manual select them after loading the log?

-Shaun
    Yes, I got the same problem, there is room for only 8 calc pids... just manually select the remaining ones.

In this log I actually returned all settings back to stock. Would it be accurate to use considering dfco was on, b0120 was changed to 400, and b0701 was enabled?
    B0120: can be 400 rpm for the Calc.VET procedure (it disables the VE which is ok since we're calculating the VE rather than correcting it).
    COTP: when activates, EQIVRATIO shows the commanded EQR due to COTP, the wideband should follow this, so the correction factor will be valid.
    DFCO: when activates, EQIVRATIO shows the commanded EQR due to DFCO, weideband correction will be valid.

i.e. the log should be ok with B0120 at 400 rpm, COTP enabled, DFCO on.

When in doubt, take a new log.

Joe can you answer a few questions for me?
    Do LTFT trim with a target goal of B3601 which the pcm sets as GM.EQR 1?
    How does 3605 work in relation to 3618, 3617, when in ol/pe/wot? I would like to set it up so at WOT at any range always hits .86/1.16
    If my LTFT averages are positive 1.5/1.3% could I just add 1.5% throughout the entire ve table to get my target average of 0 to -1%?
    LTFT trims with target goal of Lambda 1 (which corresponds to a commanded AFR equal to B3601, and a wideband measured AFR corresponding to stoich AFR of fuel used).

B3601 is needed to convert commanded EQR to fuelmass... in CL the trims then add their correction on top of this; in OL the is no correction so B3601 is required to be close to actual stoich AFR.

CL: commands lambda 1.00 using B3601.
    CL going to PE: B3618 is active, it is the only table active.

OL: B3605 is active, it is the only table active.
    OL going to PE: B3618 and B3605 are active, the richest of the two is selected (on a cell-by-cell comparison at the operating point).

Yes, just add 1.5% to the MAF and VE tables...

Above B0120: MAF is used always.
    Below B0120: MAF is used for steady airflow, VE is used for transient airflow.

Summary:

The commanded EQR is determined as follows (regardless of VE or MAF):
    - in CL it is stoichiometric (trimming to stoich);
    - in OL it is from B3605;
    - going from CL to PE it is B3618;
    - going from OL to PE it is the richer of B3618 or B3605;

Which commanded fuel tables are active when:
    OL at PT, only B3605 is active;
    OL going to PE, B3605 and B3618 are active;

CL at PT, usually CLtrimming;
    CL going to PE, only B3618 is active.

Same rule applies when protection modes activate (e.g. COTP, PPM, EPM):
    of the active tables the PCM selects the richest (on a cell-by-cell comparison at the operating point).

B0120: can be 400 rpm for the Calc.VET procedure (it disables the VE which is ok since we're calculating the VE rather than correcting it).
    COTP: when activates, EQIVRATIO shows the commanded EQR due to COTP, the wideband should follow this, so the correction factor will be valid.
    DFCO: when activates, EQIVRATIO shows the commanded EQR due to DFCO, weideband correction will be valid.

i.e. the log should be ok with B0120 at 400 rpm, COTP enabled, DFCO on.
    Joe, if data is still valid why disable cotp and dfco?

-Shaun

Joe, if data is still valid why disable cotp and dfco?

-Shaun
    Because disabling those reduces the commanded fueling transitions... but if they are enabled, tuning is still easy to do

[ airflow transitions have to be avoided, this is what the transient filter removes ]

Shaun,

More info: set post #4 here: Summary-Notes

Thanks joe... will be reading those when I get a chance. Sorry for the inactivity. I've been busy working on my air box. Should help lower IAT. The box is more or less complete, just need to setup the ram air using brake ram air cooling system. My coolant cap also went bad on me so i ordered some moroso caps. Once I all these pieces setup I'll be tuning again. Btw, got pictures of your setup? Would love know what you got going on your trans am.

-Shaun

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast