Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New to EFILive, Help increasing AFR

02 vin 02 OS 00 Tune on 99 File log1.efi

Here is a log, shows partial thottle and PE for one gear. Not too much but still shows the KR.

-Shaun
    1987 MAZDA RX-7 LS1 T56 | 1995 MAZDA RX-7 ST PORT BOLT ONS ADAPTRONIC PNP | 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TSP 416 LS3 T56 MAGNUM E40 ECM

Btw, should I mount my ngk precat drivers side or postcat? Its drivers side that runs lean in some cases, correct?

-Shaun
    1987 MAZDA RX-7 LS1 T56 | 1995 MAZDA RX-7 ST PORT BOLT ONS ADAPTRONIC PNP | 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TSP 416 LS3 T56 MAGNUM E40 ECM

Those two KR instances do not look like real knock (does not have the characteristic sawtooth shape)... we're you able to hear it knock (but that's not conclusive)...?

Reduce the pid channel count (see bottom of PIDs and Data tabs) to 24 channels by deleting the pid GM.AFR...

this will double the sampling rate (10Hz vs 5Hz).

Postcat.

Either side... try each side separately and see what it reads.

Its really hard to hear it from the cabin. I was only able to hear it during the dyno and that was with the hood up and me standing right next to the engine. I will tap a hole and mount it on the drivers side wherever I have space since I hear the drivers since has a tendency to run lean.

I am trying to setup my pid but am confused while following the calc.vet tutorial since I am using an ngk analog wb. I copied the pid.txt file but was not sure if some of these calc.pids will still be useful to me or if all of them should still be logged. I was thinking the ngk analog pids would have to be used rather than the serial wb pids and a new calc pid used in its place. Without knowing the minimum pids needed while using a ngk analog wb, keeping channel count below 24 is getting difficult without sacrificing "mandatory" pids or pids I really want to record. Could you help me understand pid.txt setups and possibly direct me to the appropriate pid layout.

-Shaun

The NGK wideband does not support serial comms (that I'm aware of), so you have to use the analog connection;

this means that you have to edit the calc_pids.txt file as follows:

in CLC-00-110 replace "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1}" with "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{CALC.AFR_NGK1}/14.57" (use Notepad to do the edit)...

this allows you to use the pid CALC.WO2BEN with your NGK

( read what the NGK user manual says regarding lambda )

Default For your NGK wideband...

Extract (unzip):
    - vdash.calc.vet.ngk.2.zip to VDash
    - pids.calc.vet.ngk.2.zip to PIDs
    - maps.calc.vet.zip to Maps

Copy to User Configuration:
    - calc_pids.txt
    - Filters.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; February 7th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

JOE! Your awesome dude, thanks for setting me up. I really wish I knew how to make those calc text files to setup calc pids but I think that is far, above, and beyond my knowledge base. Even setting myself up to run a simple calc.vet is overwhelming for me. I really need to go back to the basics and take the time to read the manuals and everything else. I really do appreciate your time and patience in helping me. Thanks again. I guess all that is left for me to do this log and study up then start tuning (if I know how, lol). Actually its more like, raise car 1" more, install ngk powerdex, calibrate, load up, efi, and log for 30mins or however long laptop will last. I definitely need to catch up on some reading as well.

-Shaun
    Last edited by sonicgroove; February 7th, 2013 at 07:02 PM.

Let me know if there are any problem with those files/pids/charts/maps.

The V7 scantool/tunetool user manual pdf's have a lot of useful information.

Read post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (and anything it links to).

[ in the calc_pids.txt file I posted above, I defined CLC-00-110 as "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{CALC.WB.LAM}"
    where CALC.WB.LAM is defined as "{CALC.AFR_NGK1}/14.57" ]

[ note: when editing calc_pids.txt always leave at least 2 blank lines at the end ]

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast