Thread: 2010 camaro tuning

Default 2010 camaro tuning

Its been awhile since I have played with my efilive. Looks like the same for most as most of the posts on here are old. Doesn't seem like to many people are on this forum much anymore. Probably all the same age group having a bunch of kids and no time for the toys anymore like myself. Lets see if we can get a good tuning thread going. Or at least some good info as its been well below freezing here and gonna be for a little bit yet. I have a 2010 Camaro SS M6. I have a TSP cam and valvetrain, long tube headers and flowmaster exhaust. As well as 4:11 gears installed. Car was pretty quick at that point but I went ahead and threw on a magnacharger last week. So I have some tuning questions and I am sure some more will pop up. I recognize the demand for more fuel and have installed the ZL1 fuel pump. From what I understand from the camaro5 forum, is that it is worthless. Unless you buy a recalibrated FPCM from the only guy selling one right now to make that pump work correctly. So has anyone played with this? can I keep the stock FPCM and play with the FP parameters in the efi live to get this pump to put out what it is capable of? Or is the FPCM a must? Has anyone played with these parameters and what results did you get? I want to try to get as much info before I dig in. Thanks.

All the ones I have tuned had a boost pump and bigger injectors. They were all pretty mild builds though.

Have you read the VVE thread...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Have you read the VVE thread...?
    Yea. I have read through it several times and played with it before the supercharger. I was more curious as to what to play with in the fuel pump controls and what results to expect. If anyone has done it. I cant get out to make any adjustments yet as the weather here is terrible right now. Just trying to get some info from someone who has messed with it before i get started. Thanks

You wont see much change by just changing the settings in the fuel pump tab, The fpcm has the final say there. ADM sells a nice fpcm that helps control the fuel system on the fi stuff. Have used it on some fi setups that we installed the zl1 pump on.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

Ok. I went out for a drive today. As of now, I am running the tune that came with the supercharger. Which is just a MAF only tune meant for a stock application. I have added a smaller pulley and a cai intake. It looks like it is not going into pe mode. Not sure why. It is set to enable at 300 rpm and over 5% throttle opening. But the commanded never changes from 14.68. And that is about where it stays on the guage. I can't keep making changes and trying things then running it to see results. I am afraid I will hurt it long before I figure it out. Probably wont last too long at 8lbs boost. Any ideas?

Can you post the tune file...?

Here is the current tune I am running. I know it needs a lot of work. I am running the MAF only tune that came with the supercharger. But I have alot more mods than it was meant for. First time out it seemed to work fine and the A/F guage was going rich when accelerating. Since then, I added a CAI brand cold air intake and a smaller pulley to get me to 8lbs since I believe tha cam was bleeding off some of the boost. I had one nice day between all the snow here and took it out for a quick run. It stayed between 14.6 and 15.0. One thing I noticed is that when letting off the throttle, it seemd to jump to 12.0 for a split second. Let me know what you think. Just started to snow here again today so I probably wont be able to go out and get any data for awhile. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

B0157 is set to 96 kPa, this may be keeping PE from enabling.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    B0157 is set to 96 kPa, this may be keeping PE from enabling.
    I will try that. But under boost i am well over that. I would think it shouldn't be an issue. What do you recommend for a setting? And thanks for taking the time to look.