Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive RC 1 (March 01, 2013)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default EFILive RC 1 (March 01, 2013)

The latest EFILive software is now available as Release Candidate 1 for all EFILive customers.

EFILive encourages customers to use this release in their production environments.
    This release is scheduled to become the official public release.

Download here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software..._RC1_Setup.exe
    http://download.efilive.com/Software..._RC1_Setup.exe

Significant new features:

Installer

• Installer can now be run as a regular user with UAC (User Account Control) active without using the right-click "Run as administrator" option.

V7.5
    • Option to export all calibration data to Excel, use File->Export Calibration Data
    • Option to export calibration comparison to Excel, use [Export] button on calibration compare screen.

V8
    • Scan Tool Dashboard is operational for opening, displaying and saving log files.
    • Log file information can be viewed/updated by selecting: Config button drop down menu: Display/Change Log File Info (Ctrl+I)
    • Notes are per log file now not per installation, so different log files can have different descriptions for the same note number. Note numbers are limited to 0 thru 9 and 30 (30 is the note added to the log file when you press FlashScan's/AutoCal's OK button to pause/resume a BB log). Notes: 0..3 are added when you press F1..F4 on FlashScan's keypad and 4..7 are added when you press Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F4. Notes can be added/deleted in the V8 scan tool by right-clicking on the charts.
    • Charts support searching and filtering.
    • Charts support setting a start and stop position for playback.
    • Charts support real-time or accelerated playback.
    • Charts support playback looping.
    • Navigating charts:
      • Highlight a section and left-click it to zoom to that selection.
      • Left-click the X-axis to zoom out to the entire log.
      • Roll the mouse scroll wheel up/down while hovering over an axis to move the axis up/down (or hover over the chart area to scroll the chart data left/right).
      • Hold the Ctrl key and roll the mouse scroll wheel up/down while hovering over an axis to change the axis zoom factor (or hover over the chart area to change the data zoom factor).
      • Left click in any axis to restore the default zoom and scale.
      • Hover mouse over axis-statistics when a selection is made to see a description of what the statistic represents (min, avg, max etc) and to have that statistic displayed on the chart.

• Right-click on the charts to access additional chart options.
    • Dashboard gauges are active and will display logged data, however the gauge editing/customization option is not available yet.
    • LB7 and LLY auto-locking has been implemented.
    • Calculated PIDs support has been added. Pre-defined calculated PIDs can't be changed. Access calculated PIDs by selecting: Config button drop down menu: Calculated PIDs (Ctrl+K)
    • Custom Units can be defined - see Edit->Properties->General->Units
    • A skeleton V8 user manual is included, see the V8 start menu under documents, or select the menu Help->Help.
    • PID selections can be copied/pasted between Scan Tool and BBX windows.
    • Added read & flash support for 2013 E39A ECM.
    • Added DMA PID's for all E39 & E39A OS's
    • Existing/saved window sizes and positions and other user defined config data may be lost when upgrading to this pre-release. That is because older software versions saved/update their configuration (*.ini) files into the "Program Files" folder. The software now loads/stores the *.ini files from the user's Documents folder.

New ECM Read Support for V8

• E20 DCM3.7AP ECM - 2011+ Cruze, Captiva, Orlando Diesel's (non USA models)
    • 1996 - 2007 '3800 V6' PCM's
    • E16 Motorola PCM (mid 2000's 4 cyl)

Please note: Providing read support for controllers does not indicate EFILive's intention to add full tuning support. Tuning support for those controllers is still being evaluated.

Firmware

• You must manually update the firmware in your FlashScan and AutoCal devices using the firmware option in EFILive Explorer.
    • During the release-candidate stage, the firmware version will remain at V2.07.35 (the same as the current public release). That allows customers to easily revert back to the current public release firmware if this release-candidate firmware causes "show stopping" problems.
    • You can determine which firmware is in your device by the firmware date. The release-candidate version has a date of Feb 28 2013, the current public release has a date of June 22, 2012.

What is not included in this release:

• The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in RC1.
    • The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of RC1
    • Pass-thru logging using the V8 software is not included in RC1 (use V7.5 for pass-thru logging duties).
    • Tune file editing using the V8 software is not included in RC1(use V7.5 for tune file editing duties).

Bug Fixes:
    Many bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; March 27th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

sub'd
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Everyone, please take note:

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    . . .
    Firmware

• You must manually update the firmware in your FlashScan and AutoCal devices using the firmware option in EFILive Explorer.
    • During the release-candidate stage, the firmware version will remain at V2.07.35 (the same as the current public release). That allows customers to easily revert back to the current public release firmware if this release-candidate firmware causes "show stopping" problems.
    • You can determine which firmware is in your device by the firmware date. The release-candidate version has a date of Feb 28 2013, the current public release has a date of June 22, 2012.

. . .

OK, I ran this for a bit today and had only one minor issue.

If you insert an SD card while the "config" filesystem is being programmed, V8 Scan&Tune loses access to the filesystem and aborts the update. Probably not a massive issue and I probably should have inserted the SD card ( I just stuck it in while waiting for the programing to complete), but I thought I'd mention it.

Otherwise logging an ECM&TCM works fine (E39/T43)

Simon.

Installed and using

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    OK, I ran this for a bit today and had only one minor issue.

If you insert an SD card while the "config" filesystem is being programmed, V8 Scan&Tune loses access to the filesystem and aborts the update. Probably not a massive issue and I probably should have inserted the SD card ( I just stuck it in while waiting for the programing to complete), but I thought I'd mention it.

Otherwise logging an ECM&TCM works fine (E39/T43)

Simon.
    Interesting... I'll look into it. What do you have for the File sys setting?

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs-auto.png 
Views:	784 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	14668  

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    If you insert an SD card while the "config" filesystem is being programmed, V8 Scan&Tune loses access to the filesystem and aborts the update. Simon.
    Ok, found the problem. Looks like I made an naive assumption about what should happen when the SD Card is removed or inserted (its been like that since day 1).

There are three file systems in FlashScan:
    1. Config
    2. Data Internal
    3. Data External (i.e. SD Card).

Currently when the SD Card is inserted or removed, the firmware simply sets the file system to Data Internal if it is removed or Data External if it is inserted - even if the file system is currently set to Config. That causes the Config file system to be dismounted which as you experienced will cause any in-progress operations on the Config file system to be aborted.

I'll change it to ignore the SD Card insert/remove event if the file system is currently "Config". Then later if/when the file system is changed form Config to Data, the firmware will automatically figure out which Data file system to use: internal or external depending on the status of the SD Card.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

So it works correctly when you are accessing either Data Internal or External, but if you are reading/writing to Config and make a change to the Data External, it auto defaults to Data Internal? If so, makes sense to me!

See that's not a bug, its an added "feature" that just hasnt been found until now!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Ok I hate to ask, will this get rid of the option to do deletes on the 07 and up trucks. I haven't had time to follow the boards latley. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    Ok I hate to ask, will this get rid of the option to do deletes on the 07 and up trucks. I haven't had time to follow the boards latley. Thanx.
    From the 1st post in this thread you look to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    What is not included in this release:

• The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in RC1.
    • The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of RC1
    • Pass-thru logging using the V8 software is not included in RC1 (use V7.5 for pass-thru logging duties).
    • Tune file editing using the V8 software is not included in RC1(use V7.5 for tune file editing duties).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast