Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 06

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    OK Got it.....

On RC6 (formatted config filesystem)

BBL of E39 only = OK
    BBL of T43 only = OK

BBL of E39 & T43 = $0281 No Data

I don't have access to an E38&T43 ATM so I can't check if it's controller specific or combining controllers that causes issue.

I grabbed a trace from just after the $0281 error.

Attachment 14628

Simon.
    Have you seen Item #3 in the known issues list in the first post?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

On reboot, I got the LED light show, then nothing, then all LEDs flash very fast ( IE, looked to be half on ). It looked like a power issue so I swapped USB ports. This gave me the initial LED light show, then the splash screen flashed on, then nothing. So I went for port 3, this got me to a running system, but the screen was very dull. EFILive explorer was able to read the config filesystem, so I grabbed a screen shot then powered down the V2. Just as well as it was very hot and probably about the fry a chip or three.
    That is a concern, did the boot up failures occur while only connected to USB or while connected to both OBDII and USB?

Regards
    Paul

RE: #3: Oops, no, I'd missed that...... But at least I confirmed that I could BBL the TCM. On second thoughts, The TCM started BBL, but there was no data / PIDs displayed, so maybe it didn't work after all.

RE: USB. I obviously had it connected via USB and ODBII when doing the pass through logging. When EFILive Explorer hung reading the config filesystem (something I can repeat easily), I pulled the OBDII cable to reset the V2 and power it off the USB, this is where it started playing up. It's never done it before but fro the next 5 min or so, I had all sorts of problems, ending up with the very hot case. Afterwards it was fine though and I've not been able to repeat the issue. The only thing that changed from outside to inside was the temperature. 33'C outside vs 25'C inside.

So....

Connected via OBDII and USB = Fine
    Pulling OBDII and leaving USB in = Boot hang (All LEDs on followed by all LEDs flashing rapidly)
    Swapping USB ports #1 = as above
    Swapping USB ports #2 = Initial boot, brief splash screen (.5 sec but configured for 2s) then blank screen.
    Swapping USB ports #3 = as above but with the very dull screen. I was able to read the config file system so it might have just been the screen contrast but I have a black case V2.

Leaving it to cool down returned normal operation.

Simon

E38 works fine (apart from no alarms)
    Thanks for the reminder. Just fixed the alarms problem. I've listed it as known issue #8 in the first post.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, I usually only notice it as start / stop on the E38 (oil pressure alarm) but on the E39 the KR alarm is a constant reminder..... Given I'm not logging the E39/T43, there's no rush :p

but on the E39 the KR alarm is a constant reminder.....
    We are working on a new feature, plot the E39 knock retard PID in colour, seems to work pretty good too....

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Bwahahahaha, so true!

Actually, I don't need the V2 to alarm with the E39. On hot days I just need to turn down the radio and I here the engine ticking under load.

Lifetime Member

Bwahahahaha, so true!

Actually, I don't need the V2 to alarm with the E39. On hot days I just need to turn down the radio and I here the engine ticking under load.
    That sounds absolutely fantastic for the engine...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

If it's pingin' it's singin'.......

I cringe every time I hear it. Funny thing is, it hardly registers any KR when I hear it!

Played with the scan tool somemore, really love the speed and the cross-hairs that extend horizontally.

Few Suggestions

- Could we be able to hide the LH side bar in the Scan tool so the charts are displayed at full screen width, I know it sounds trivial but we may aswell make full use of the screen to display charts
    - When log files are open the zoom defaults to "Actual" instead of "All" it doesnt really mean much in a long log file to have it all compressed onto one screen. Unless there is a default setting for this I havent found.

Possible Bugs
    - After AutoScaling a PID on the chart and saving the dashboard. If I exit the scan tool and reopen the same log with the same chart the scaling has cone back to default values, not what they were after autoscaling.
    - If you have a PID with lots of digits. i.e. 4 sig figs the instantenous display can overlap the min value on the scale chart.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast