Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 06

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default EFILive Pre-Release 06

The latest EFILive software is now available as a pre-release to EFILive customers. This software is still being field tested and may contain undiscovered faults that may cause the software to fail.

Do not use this pre-release software in a production environment or where failure cannot be tolerated.

Download here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software...e_06_Setup.exe
    http://download.efilive.com/Software...e_06_Setup.exe

Before installing and using pre-release 06, please read through the posts for pre-release 05 here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Pre-Release-05

Important Information:

Firmware

• You must manually update the firmware in your FlashScan and AutoCal devices using the firmware option in EFILive Explorer.
    • During the pre-release, the firmware version will remain at V2.07.35 (the same as the current public release). That allows customers to easily revert back to the current public release firmware if this pre-release firmware causes "show stopping" problems.
    • You can determine which firmware is in your device by the firmware date.
      Pre-release 06 firmware has a date of Feb 04 2013,
      Pre-release 05 had a date of Jan 31 2013
      The current public release has a date of June 22, 2012.

The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in this pre-release.
    The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of this pre-release.

Bug Fixes:

• Many bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

1. When charts are configured to use OpenGL hardware graphics acceleration the PID caption fonts can sometimes be rendered incorrectly. (fixed in RC1)
    2. When charts are configured to use OpenGL hardware graphics acceleration the charts are sometimes not rendered at all until the mouse cursor is dragged into the chart area. (fixed in RC1)
    3. Attempting to BBL an ECM/TCM pair (or possibly even just a TCM by itself) will result in the error $0281 "No Data Received" error. (fixed in RC1)
    4. Attempting to unlock an AL5 (Allison 5 speed) controller will cause the controller to become re-locked with a random key. (fixed in RC1)
    5. Changing a chart's font size, style or name, then attempting to discard changes when leaving the chart editor will not discard the font changes. (fixed in RC1)
    6. When clicking on the [Config] button in the Scan or Tune windows, the Property Editor opens on the property group instead of on the first item in the group. (fixed in RC1)
    7. Application Violation Error occurs when closing the Scan Tool window if the following is performed: Enter odo in the PID search text box, expand the Enhanced PIDs group, highlight and delete odo from the search box, close the Scan Tool window. (fixed in RC1)
    8. Audible and visual alarms not working in BBL mode. (fixed in RC1)

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; February 28th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Awesome new developments!

I didn't see the E20 ECM option in BBL Scan or Pass-Thru Scan but it's there in BBR?

Lifetime Member

The issues I report for Pre-Release 05 have been fixed!

Going off kangsta, I know the V6 PCMs for read support appear in the V8 Tune tool (ie you can right click and select the controller to read) but in the BBX settings you cannot add them as a controller to read/flash. Is this by design because they dont have flash support yet? I know for some people it would be nice to read with just a V2/AC and not in pass-thru. (Dont V2/ACs use the same files as V8 to read/flash controllers?)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

You can add the V6 controllers manually into the config file and it will work for BBR. You cant manually do this for logging the E20 because I checked to see if the file is there and it's not. (after i posted the original post)

LS1B works now in the BBX!

Thanks,

Branden

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    You can add the V6 controllers manually into the config file and it will work for BBR. You cant manually do this for logging the E20 because I checked to see if the file is there and it's not. (after i posted the original post)
    Paul did ask me before this release for a list of the supported E20 PID's, so if it's been omitted it's by accident. Do you have access to one to test with? I had to give the ECM back.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Sorry Ross, I dont have access to one at the moment. I only come across them now and then. BTW is this the same ECM as in the diesel Captivas?

Installed

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Awesome new developments!

I didn't see the E20 ECM option in BBL Scan or Pass-Thru Scan but it's there in BBR?
    Unzip the attached file into your V8 install folder (i.e. into C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8).

It contains three files that will be automatically copied into the folders:
    • E20.pmm -> C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config
    • E20_PIDs.txt ->C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\Pid Descriptions
    • Identify.dat -> C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Controllers\Identify

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sorry Ross, I dont have access to one at the moment. I only come across them now and then. BTW is this the same ECM as in the diesel Captivas?
    Yes, it's the same one, but only from 2011+ SeriesII's, the earlier 2010(ish) Cruze and Captiva Diesels used a different type of ECM, I'm not even sure who makes it but they are $2800 from Holden
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast