Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 06

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VTuner View Post
    I am getting an $050B error if I try to revert my V2 or Autocals back to the latest public release firmware, even after programming a BBX configuration update with the V8 build 203 public release. Anyone else confirm this and can we get a fix - I shipped an Autocal out to a customer yesterday that I had reverted back to the public release firmware not realizing the script error is going to occur unless it is updated to pre-release 06. I tested this as well - I can go back to the pre-release firmware and BBX program it again with pre-release 06 and everything works again.

Cheers,
    Brian
    It may be this...

When going back to an earlier release, you can't install it over a later release. You have to uninstall it first, then install the earlier release.
    The reason for that is that for some files/folders the installer only overwrites older files but not newer ones. So when going "backwards" the earlier software is "older" than the pre-release so some of the pre-release files may still be active in the install.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It may be this...

When going back to an earlier release, you can't install it over a later release. You have to uninstall it first, then install the earlier release.
    The reason for that is that for some files/folders the installer only overwrites older files but not newer ones. So when going "backwards" the earlier software is "older" than the pre-release so some of the pre-release files may still be active in the install.

Regards
    Paul
    I did that already - it did not make a difference. I used the "Uninstall EFILive Scan and Tune" application first, but perhaps it is not removing everything that needs to be deleted?

I did that already - it did not make a difference. I used the "Uninstall EFILive Scan and Tune" application first, but perhaps it is not removing everything that needs to be deleted?
    I took it one step further - I installed V8 Build 203 on a new computer that has never seen EFILive installed, reprogrammed the Autocal and it still gives a $050B error.

Regards,
    Brian

I took it one step further - I installed V8 Build 203 on a new computer that has never seen EFILive installed, reprogrammed the Autocal and it still gives a $050B error.

Regards,
    Brian
    Hi Brian, did you flash the firmware and do BBx Program All...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Brian, did you flash the firmware and do BBx Program All...?
    Thanks Joe, that was it - LOL! I did not realize this option was there in the drop down

Cheers,
    Brian

Found out something last night.

I'm actually still on RC5, but I doubt this issue will have changed in RC6 (I'll recheck today)

When attempting to BBL an E39 (2012 Commodore) I just get $0281 "No Data". E38 works fine (apart from no alarms) but nothing works for E39.

After the RC5 update, I did flash the firmware and formatted the config filesystem, then reconfigured the BBL pids and "saved all". so it seems it no longer can talk to the E39 controller. Today I'll try the following....

Update to RC6
    Retry BBL
    Attempt laptop logging E39
    Attempt laptop logging T43
    Attempt BBR E39
    Attempt BBR T43
    Attempt laptop read E39
    Attempt laptop read T43

Simon.

OK, nearly fried the V2..... But got some testing done.

I proved that with RC5, the following works.

BBR:

T43
    E39

Laptop Logging

T43
    E39 - Funny thing though, initially it didn't work as expected. Then after logging the T43 the E39 worked OK

So I was thinking it might be the E39 BBL script file. So I loaded up EFILive explorer to check the file versions on the V2.

Initially, EFIlive Explorer fired up but when checking the config file system, it hung. I checked the USB status and it looked fine, indicating that the V2 was connected by USB and was connected to the CAN bus on the car. So I figured a reboot of the V2 and disconnect from the car was in order, so I pulled the ODBII cable and reset the V2.

On reboot, I got the LED light show, then nothing, then all LEDs flash very fast ( IE, looked to be half on ). It looked like a power issue so I swapped USB ports. This gave me the initial LED light show, then the splash screen flashed on, then nothing. So I went for port 3, this got me to a running system, but the screen was very dull. EFILive explorer was able to read the config filesystem, so I grabbed a screen shot then powered down the V2. Just as well as it was very hot and probably about the fry a chip or three.

Back inside, I'm running the V2 off the USB port fine again.....

Anyway, the config filesystem showed the E39 script file is from 18/1/2013, so it seems to be the new version.

I'll try the RC6 files but thought there was probably no change.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

what was going on with the V2 and the USB port(s)...?

No idea Joe. I reckon the PSU in the V2 may have played up switching from 12V OBDII power to 5V USB. It's fine now though.... Just looking at RC6 to see if there is any difference.

OK Got it.....

On RC6 (formatted config filesystem)

BBL of E39 only = OK
    BBL of T43 only = OK

BBL of E39 & T43 = $0281 No Data

I don't have access to an E38&T43 ATM so I can't check if it's controller specific or combining controllers that causes issue.

I grabbed a trace from just after the $0281 error.

USR_2304.zip

Simon.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast