Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
- Could we be able to hide the LH side bar in the Scan tool so the charts are displayed at full screen width, I know it sounds trivial but we may aswell make full use of the screen to display charts
You can make it smaller by selecting the main window menu: View->Hide Tab Descriptions. You can't make them disappear completely though.

- When log files are open the zoom defaults to "Actual" instead of "All" it doesnt really mean much in a long log file to have it all compressed onto one screen. Unless there is a default setting for this I havent found.
The zoom will default to display the whole file when a log file is opened, so you can see the whole log.
You can then select the range you are interested in, then just click in the range to zoom to just that range (click the x-axis to zoom out to the whole file again).

- After AutoScaling a PID on the chart and saving the dashboard. If I exit the scan tool and reopen the same log with the same chart the scaling has cone back to default values, not what they were after autoscaling.
Each y-axis in the charts has a fixed min/max and a working min/max. The fixed min/max is what you get when you load the file/chart. The fixed min/max is configured using the chart editor (right click on charts and select Options->Edit Dashboard).
The working min/max is something you can "play around with" without losing the fixed min/max. You can scroll the mouse wheel in the y-axis to scroll the min/max up/down, or hold the ctrl key and use the mouse wheel to expand/contract the scale (works in the chart data area as well to scroll/zoom the actual data left/right). At any time when you want to return a y-axis (or the x-axis) to its fixed min/max, just left-click on the axis.

- If you have a PID with lots of digits. i.e. 4 sig figs the instantenous display can overlap the min value on the scale chart.
Change the "Y-axis Size" in the Chart editor or reduce the number of significant digits displayed by selecting one or more y-axis's then changing their "Value Format" to %.xf where x is the number of decimal places to be displayed.

Regards
Paul