Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 06

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    - Could we be able to hide the LH side bar in the Scan tool so the charts are displayed at full screen width, I know it sounds trivial but we may aswell make full use of the screen to display charts
    You can make it smaller by selecting the main window menu: View->Hide Tab Descriptions. You can't make them disappear completely though.

- When log files are open the zoom defaults to "Actual" instead of "All" it doesnt really mean much in a long log file to have it all compressed onto one screen. Unless there is a default setting for this I havent found.
    The zoom will default to display the whole file when a log file is opened, so you can see the whole log.
    You can then select the range you are interested in, then just click in the range to zoom to just that range (click the x-axis to zoom out to the whole file again).

- After AutoScaling a PID on the chart and saving the dashboard. If I exit the scan tool and reopen the same log with the same chart the scaling has cone back to default values, not what they were after autoscaling.
    Each y-axis in the charts has a fixed min/max and a working min/max. The fixed min/max is what you get when you load the file/chart. The fixed min/max is configured using the chart editor (right click on charts and select Options->Edit Dashboard).
    The working min/max is something you can "play around with" without losing the fixed min/max. You can scroll the mouse wheel in the y-axis to scroll the min/max up/down, or hold the ctrl key and use the mouse wheel to expand/contract the scale (works in the chart data area as well to scroll/zoom the actual data left/right). At any time when you want to return a y-axis (or the x-axis) to its fixed min/max, just left-click on the axis.

- If you have a PID with lots of digits. i.e. 4 sig figs the instantenous display can overlap the min value on the scale chart.
    Change the "Y-axis Size" in the Chart editor or reduce the number of significant digits displayed by selecting one or more y-axis's then changing their "Value Format" to %.xf where x is the number of decimal places to be displayed.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Release Candidate 1 has been made available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....132#post187132

I am having a problem with this update. when i open V7 it will not open with my FSv2 plugged into my laptop. pre release 5 was fine. I also cannot go back to an older firmware on my handheld. can anyone point me in the right direction before i revert everything back to stable versions?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreshDA9 View Post
    I am having a problem with this update. when i open V7 it will not open with my FSv2 plugged into my laptop. pre release 5 was fine. I also cannot go back to an older firmware on my handheld. can anyone point me in the right direction before i revert everything back to stable versions?
    First, install this: EFILive RC1 3/1/2013

Then you MUST MANUALLY update the firmware using EFILive Explorer. Open EFILive Explorer, click the F12 Firmware tab, click "Browse", select the latest V2 fw file (2.07.35 with a date of 2/27/2013), click "Open", then click "Program".
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    First, install this: EFILive RC1 3/1/2013

Then you MUST MANUALLY update the firmware using EFILive Explorer. Open EFILive Explorer, click the F12 Firmware tab, click "Browse", select the latest V2 fw file (2.07.35 with a date of 2/27/2013), click "Open", then click "Program".
    I just did this and V7 still will not load with flash scan plugged in.

Lifetime Member

What OS are you using? XP or Vista/W7/8?

What happens, does it just not open or are you getting an error message?

Try using the old USB drivers, unplug your V2, open the EFILive USB Driver Manager. Click the "Uninstall USB Drivers" button, then click "Install USB V2.02.04" and reboot your PC.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Try using the old USB drivers, unplug your V2, open the EFILive USB Driver Manager. Click the "Uninstall USB Drivers" button, then click "Install USB V2.02.04" and reboot your PC.
    This is most likely the best advice. On some configurations the newer USB drivers cause V7 to hang when it starts up. So reverting back to the older USB drivers may fix that problem.

Regards
    Paul

I cant find the exact efilive usb manager. yes my FSv2 hangs up V7 when loading. thanks for helping

Lifetime Member

If you dont have it, you dont have V8 installed...
    ~Erik~

thought i had it fixed hooked to the truck had to update the status and have all 3 green checkmarks but now V7 hangs again.
    Last edited by FreshDA9; March 26th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast