Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 06

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Find the start menu item: Start->All Prgrams->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager, right click on "EFILive USB Manager" and select "Run as Administrator".

Regars
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Blacky I did that and V7 still hangs up with the FS plugged in.

I have tried deleteting and re installing all new stable releases for V7 and V8 nothing. I think its the Firmware on the Handheld itself. I cannot revert the firmware to any of the old firmware. anyone know how i can?

The firmware won't cause the EFILive software to hang.
    You can't revert to older firmware, there's too many potential problems (internally within the FlashScan unit itself) with downgrading the firmware, so the software does not allow it.

Some trouble shooting steps.

1. Does the V8 software start and communicate with the FlashScan device correctly?

To test that, make sure no other EFILive software is running then start the EFILive control Panel like this: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel.
    That will open a small FlashScan shaped icon in the system tray (at the end of the taskbar near the clock display).
    Click on the FlashScan icon and then click on the [Status] button.

You should see 1, 2 or 3 green ticks.
    The left tick indicates the USB drivers are installed and working.
    The middle tick indicates the V8 software is able to communicate successfully with the FlashScan device.
    The right tick indicates the V8 software has detected a vehicle connected to FlashScan.

Let me know what you see.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You can't revert to older firmware, there's too many potential problems (internally within the FlashScan unit itself) with downgrading the firmware, so the software does not allow it.
    I should add that during the pre-release and release-candidate cycles, we try to keep the firmware version the same so that you can roll back to previous firmware, so long as the previous firmware's version number is identical.
    Right now the RC1 firmware is V2.07.35 which is identical to the current public release available from our web site.

The only way to tell the various firmware versions apart is by the date. Right now, the current public release is V2.07.35, dated June 22, 2012. The RC1 firmware is V2.07.35, dated sometime in March 2103.

If you want to go back to the version dated June 22, 2012, use the EFILive Explorer program (available on the EFILive V8 start menu) and you can load the firmware file of your choice, so long as the version number is not earlier than what is already in your device.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by FreshDA9 View Post
    I cant find the exact efilive usb manager. yes my FSv2 hangs up V7 when loading. thanks for helping
    I have V8 but with my handheld unplugged i dont see how to reset any drivers through the software. I guess what am i not finding that i should in V8.
    Thanks Blacky I did that and V7 still hangs up with the FS plugged in.

Use the USB Manager tool to uninstall the USB driver and install the older driver (as noted above).

First shutdown the V7 and V8 software and unplug FSV2 from your PC/laptop...

then (with FSV2 still unplugged) use the USB Manager tool to uninstall the USB driver and install the older USB driver...

then plug FSV2 into your PC/laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You should see 1, 2 or 3 green ticks.

The left tick indicates the USB drivers are installed and working. YES

The middle tick indicates the V8 software is able to communicate successfully with the FlashScan device.YES

The right tick indicates the V8 software has detected a vehicle connected to FlashScan.NO I dont have plugged into vehicle
    Thank you Paul you can see i got 2 out of 3. it seems to be communicating fine just V7 is hanging up with the handheld plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Use the USB Manager tool to uninstall the USB driver and install the older driver (as noted above).

First shutdown the V7 and V8 software and unplug FSV2 from your PC/laptop...

then (with FSV2 still unplugged) use the USB Manager tool to uninstall the USB driver and install the older USB driver...

then plug FSV2 into your PC/laptop.
    Joe I did this step for step and still hangs up with my handheld plugged in and V7.

Nevermind something changed and its working fine right now. Im going to go and flash my truck to be sure but V7 isnt hanging anymore

Ok, glad you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok, glad you got it.
    Odd as i went through and edited my post apperently it did not edit.

V7 is still hanging up. I hooked up to my truck and got all 3 checkmarks when i hit the status button. after that I opened V7 and it hung up like before.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast