Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: EFILive Pre-Release 06

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If you want to go back to the version dated June 22, 2012, use the EFILive Explorer program (available on the EFILive V8 start menu) and you can load the firmware file of your choice, so long as the version number is not earlier than what is already in your device.
    Paul i Loaded June 22 2012 into the handheld. it will open V7 but it doesnt recognize the handheld is plugged in. when I put the laptop and handheld in my truck and check the status i get all 3 check marks. but when i load V7 it hangs up unless i unplug the handheld. and if i plug the handheld back in and try to flash my truck it freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshDA9 View Post
    Odd as i went through and edited my post apperently it did not edit.
    You might see something like this if you go back in your web-browser.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshDA9 View Post
    Paul i Loaded June 22 2012 into the handheld. it will open V7 but it doesnt recognize the handheld is plugged in. when I put the laptop and handheld in my truck and check the status i get all 3 check marks. but when i load V7 it hangs up unless i unplug the handheld. and if i plug the handheld back in and try to flash my truck it freezes.
    Did you revert the USB driver to the old one (see post #65 above)...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you revert the USB driver to the old one (see post #65 above)...?
    Yes

Lifetime Member

Have you tried 1) different USB ports and 2) a different PC? If you're having this many issues, it might be a PC problem either software or hardware.

Try installing everything on a different PC and see if you can open V7.5 that way. Ive had no issues on any of my PCs [2 laptops (HP, Lenovo), 4 desktops (all custom built by me using different mobos and USB chipsets), Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8 x64].

Wait, are you trying to open V7.5 after you've already opened V8? You CANNOT have both V7.5 and V8 connect to your V2 at the same time, V8 will automatically override V7.5. Close V8, then try to open V7.5.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Have you tried 1) different USB ports and 2) a different PC? If you're having this many issues, it might be a PC problem either software or hardware.

Try installing everything on a different PC and see if you can open V7.5 that way. Ive had no issues on any of my PCs [2 laptops (HP, Lenovo), 4 desktops (all custom built by me using different mobos and USB chipsets), Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8 x64].

Wait, are you trying to open V7.5 after you've already opened V8? You CANNOT have both V7.5 and V8 connect to your V2 at the same time, V8 will automatically override V7.5. Close V8, then try to open V7.5.

I havent tried another computer i can try my other laptop but I still think its something within the handheld.

I have already cleared out all the software and deleted all files associated. then followed up by cleaning out my ports by using FTDI.

No i do not have them both open. this is just an issue with V7 and the FSV2 handheld since this pre release 6, 5 worked fine.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678