Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: concern with tire size

Quote Originally Posted by LaserBob View Post
    If you know anyone with an Auto Enginuity scan tool, it will change the tire size quickly and right over your EFI tune.

It can enable the cruise control idle-up feature also.

LaserBob
    EFILive needs to implement this ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaserBob View Post
    If you know anyone with an Auto Enginuity scan tool, it will change the tire size quickly and right over your EFI tune.

It can enable the cruise control idle-up feature also.

LaserBob
    Bob,

I have AE and I've went into the tire size adjustment on it and all I see are the factory option tire sizes. is there a way to set it for say 35" tires? also where is the high idle option I havnt seen that.

I am just home now, I will look at it tomorrow and send info. I can't remember all those things.

I am helping a buddy put up a Quonset type building and I think I put in about 750 bolts today. It sure is nice to see that we are on the tail end of things. He is going to owe me big time!

Bob

Default concern with tire size

If you can find someone with a Superchip programmer for a Dodge, then you can program the tire size without loading the tune in it first. Just make sure you test your speedo against a GPS before you give it back. You may have to fine tune the tire size to get it dead on.

AE opened: tab - Test Onboard System - System Tests - 4th Item down is high idle enable.

This will not follow your EFI tune and will need to be re-enabled when you re-flash tunes. If it was in the stock, base, Dodge tune, it would remain.

Tire Size Programming: initiate test - first item is Manually enter tire size - numbers are entered in the window between "Initiate" box and "Done" box. It could be handier, but it works.

LaserBob

If you enable hi idle then read and save and build tune from there hi idle will stay with tune file.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Yes with smarty. Others idk
    Thanks for the reply and clarification Les!

I have open access to CDA6, so I tried to update the ABS and TIPM modules for tire size with it. But, unfortunately the SMARTY botched the TIPM module so I couldn't edit the tire size. I was able to edit the tire size in the ABS module, but since the TIPM module has higher authority the tire size from the TIPM module over wrote the tire size entered into the ABS module. It figures... Incorrect speedo and odo for a long road trip...

I plan on going to the dealer on Saturday to have the ABS and TIPM modules updated. I plan on acquiring the Hypertech Speedo corrector to update the tire size from now on.

I am having some similar issues with my truck as far as having to go the the dealer to get the TIPM and ABS module flashed. The other day I was trying to track down an injector rattle/ticking, so i wanted to flash in an old stock tune to see if that effected it at all. Well the first one I flashed in was the wrong one (my mistake) It was a stock federal file that Zach at Starlite sent me awhile back which did not have the vin changed yet... so it started up and died right after. I had realized what happend and then when and found the actual original tune that came out of my truck and flashed that in and it started fine but had the ABS, Brake, and air bag lights on (Im thinking that my original stock file that I flashed in caused the issues because I had ran multiple different programmers before EFI Live, including a bullydog....). Zach told me I would need to go to the dealer to get a reflash so thats what i did. They reflashed the ECM and the TIPM but it would not let them reflash the ABS module for some reason (reflashing the TIPM did get rid of the codes showing up for that). We tried disconnecting the ABS and the reconnecting it with no luck. I also tried driving the truck for 2 separate trips of over 8 miles each but that did not help either. All the lights are still on in the dash and its showing ABS C2206 Configuration Mismatch. Im not sure where to go from here... If anyone can give some advise I would appreciate it. Thanks
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12