Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i need a STOCK FACTORY file for an 08!

Actually you don't want to select flash scan Auto cal only you want Cummins cm2100 ECM. Flash scan auto cal only is for when no vehicle is connected

ohhh ok so for my 08 6.7 i select cm2100 ECM?

i basically need a step by step on how to find out what OS my truck is so i can get a compatible FACTORY tune file. all i have done so far is register my V2 now from there i do not know what to do im told to plug it in in scan mode but then what and where do i go to look for the info i need?
    Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Actually you don't want to select flash scan Auto cal only you want Cummins cm2100 ECM. Flash scan auto cal only is for when no vehicle is connected

Default i need a STOCK FACTORY file for an 08!

Connect the V2 to the truck and your computer. Open the scan tool, turn your key to the on position, click on the green button on the top left of the screen, select CM2100 for your controller, put a check in the box for automatic transmission, then select OK. Once the scan tool fully connects, you will see you VIN on the bottom of the screen. Just to the right of your VIN is the operating system in your ECM right now.

ok thanks! now one other question i have is will i risk my PCM crashing if im flashing in a factory tune provided by another member with the V2? reason i ask is because the truck currently has an
    edge tuner installed and EFI Live made the sticky about flashing in trucks with previous tuners that were returned to "stock" and them having corrupt "stock" files. so what should i do here? i can set my edge to the stock setting but then if i reflash my PCM with this new factory tune that someone gave me will i be risking damaging my PCM?

Default i need a STOCK FACTORY file for an 08!

If you post up your current operating system, I'm sure someone on here will be more then happy to give you a clean stock file. I do alot of factory flashing with a factory scan tool. I'm sure I will have yours with the PTO high idle via with the cruise control enabled.

ok so i just did this i saw my VIN but to the right of it where it says OS it also said N/A!?!?! why is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorzane View Post
    Connect the V2 to the truck and your computer. Open the scan tool, turn your key to the on position, click on the green button on the top left of the screen, select CM2100 for your controller, put a check in the box for automatic transmission, then select OK. Once the scan tool fully connects, you will see you VIN on the bottom of the screen. Just to the right of your VIN is the operating system in your ECM right now.

Have you put your edge tuner back to stock and removed it?
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

i put it to stock but it is still in the truck. all im trying to do is find out my OS right now is the edge tuner what is stopping me from getting the information i need?

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    Have you put your edge tuner back to stock and removed it?

ok so what i did was read my PCM using the scan/tune program all i did was read it not save the file because no need to if im not going to keep it but i did get an OS number 11620807!

I have several good stock files with that OS if you need one still, shoot me your email.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast