Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any tips for recovering unresponsive roadrunner.

Default Any tips for recovering unresponsive roadrunner.

My Roadrunner is unresponsive, happened while loading a tune.
    Now won't respond, status unknown, and I get a message that it is not licienced to EFIlive, still displays its serial number and all details are still correct in licience tab.
    Any ideas ? won't let me do a hard reset...
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

I've had a few unexplained glitches with the Roadrunner and EFI Live. All have been cured by disconnecting, closing the Tunetool, reopen and reconnect.

Also look at the USB cable connection, mid cable, not at PC, mine came loose under dash once.

HTH!

Check the soldered connections in the Blue Plug End, one of mine came loose and a quick resolder all was well.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I no longer have the blue plug, have fitted a mini USB to the board.
    Can't do anything with it, it acts like a bricked PCM
    E-mailed Moates last week but no reply as yet.....

Have heard of peaple removing the internal battery to force a hard reset, any truth to this !!
    Back yard boost

If there is moisture in the case, it will kill the internal battery.
    This happened to one of mine.

If the battery is soldered in, the best bet is to send it to Moates for replacement.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Well Pulled it from the car and tried to flash a full tune again today,
    just using the USB cable on the Roadrunner and the V2 unplugged and not connected to a bench harness...
    And it flashed straight in no problem and reads the loaded tune okay, so all seems to be well again
    Back yard boost

That should have worked in vehicle too?

There's a procedure for hard reset that I used when I first got my RoadRunner, it did not work, but regular mode did? Wish I knew what this procedure was for?

When you set up a Roadrunner in a vehicle, you will often need to force a ‘hard reset’ of the Roadrunner PCM. This is particularly true if you are using a custom OS or changing OS type.

For using EFI Live, perform the following:
    1.Open up the software, and get the EFI Live Roadrunner Control Panel. Make sure the Roadrunner serial number is being displayed.
    2.Upload the whole new Operating System and Calibration from the PC *.tun file to the Roadrunner device.
    3.Select the “Execute from PCM Flash Memory (if equipped)” option (two chips with arrows in between). This will turn the Roadrunner emulation ‘off’ in order to blank out the PCM RAM when the memory read faults. The software should display ‘Flash’ as the mode of operation.
    4.Re-select the button, this time selecting the ‘Emulation’ mode of operation.
    5.Turn the key or power to the PCM off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on.
    6.If you like, at this point you can open the EFI Live ScanTool software (make sure cable is connected and vehicle is on). You will probably want to scan for codes and DTCs, and clear them all as appropriate.
    7.Start the vehicle briefly (1-2 seconds) and then shut power back off. This is primarily to reset the idle relearn, so it typically not an issue with the drive-by-wire configurations.
    8.You should now be able to restart the PCM and vehicle, and things should work as expected if you are using a valid *.tun file.

This procedure will also help if you have suffered tune corruption.

Anyone know what the above hard reset is for?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    That should have worked in vehicle too?

There's a procedure for hard reset that I used when I first got my RoadRunner, it did not work, but regular mode did? Wish I knew what this procedure was for?

When you set up a Roadrunner in a vehicle, you will often need to force a ‘hard reset’ of the Roadrunner PCM. This is particularly true if you are using a custom OS or changing OS type.

For using EFI Live, perform the following:
    1.Open up the software, and get the EFI Live Roadrunner Control Panel. Make sure the Roadrunner serial number is being displayed.
    2.Upload the whole new Operating System and Calibration from the PC *.tun file to the Roadrunner device.
    3.Select the “Execute from PCM Flash Memory (if equipped)” option (two chips with arrows in between). This will turn the Roadrunner emulation ‘off’ in order to blank out the PCM RAM when the memory read faults. The software should display ‘Flash’ as the mode of operation.
    4.Re-select the button, this time selecting the ‘Emulation’ mode of operation.
    5.Turn the key or power to the PCM off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on.
    6.If you like, at this point you can open the EFI Live ScanTool software (make sure cable is connected and vehicle is on). You will probably want to scan for codes and DTCs, and clear them all as appropriate.
    7.Start the vehicle briefly (1-2 seconds) and then shut power back off. This is primarily to reset the idle relearn, so it typically not an issue with the drive-by-wire configurations.
    8.You should now be able to restart the PCM and vehicle, and things should work as expected if you are using a valid *.tun file.

This procedure will also help if you have suffered tune corruption.
    Since it is an EFI Live write-up and button in software I was sure someone would know it's purpose?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It's purpose is to ensure that all memory in the rr device is initialised correctly. That means, flash memory, battery backed emulation RAM and operational RAM.

Regards Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast