Thread: what do you think about this CANYON LSA ENGINE TUNE

Lifetime Member

Default what do you think about this CANYON LSA ENGINE TUNE

one of my friends have this truck, it is a 2012 GMC CANYON, it was a 5.3L 4L65E trans, now it has a brand new engine that was bought from gm performance, it is a LSA supercharged engine, it was tuned somewhere in tucson, it really really sucks, im sure i can beat it easy whit my 1993 5.3L LS ENGINE lightning.. i dont know if the problem is in the tune but it really dos not has any power. it even has the lingenfelter LSA supercharger upgrade, this are the current tune on the truck and some logs. let me know what you think
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post some more logs.

{B0138}: What's the go there? Cranking fuel is interesting to say the least. Looks like they have cut and pated part of another table in there and missed a few cells. Also has 1 cell at -40'C commanding 150:1 AFR for cranking.....

{B3618}: LOL.... command PE fuel table looks like a park seat. Possibly a bit lean for boosted up top.

Hi and low spark tables: I hope you only ever get best quality fuel as they are exactly the same. The ECM will never be able to "learn down" the spark timing to compensate for lower quality / contaminated fuel.

Base Idle spark and main spark tables are not set up correctly. Look at the log file during idling and you can see the spark pegging out at 20'.

I guess being a truck, it's not going to be the quickest of cars, but 0-60MPH in 7.5 seconds does seem a tad slow. It "seems" to be running OK, maybe a little too much spark for my liking, but otherwise most of the issues would probably be driveability issues.

I'm not sure if it's just that I'm yet to try the latest RC1 software after running the Beta, but some of the PIDs seem to have funny data in Logtool. I'll load up RC1 and look some more though.

Lifetime Member

I think they copy/paste some tables from the cadillac CTS,, in fact this truck is pretty slow, it feels like a totally stock 5.3L, i think my 5.3L Ls lighting pull harder than this,, i dont know why, on the logs it looks like it is only pushing like 4 PSI of boost right?? this one should be pushing like 9-13 PSI of boost, the owner says he installed a lingenfelter LSA supercharger upgrade kit, pulleys/injectors and some other parts.. Right now im swaping the trans for a 6L80E, thanks to TrueBlueMotorsport.. When done the trans part, i will keep searching why it doesnt pull as it should, thank everyone.!!

Did you ever sort this out? I had a similar problem with a severely under-performing swap. Never could get it right, dumped the TVS charger and went to a turbo. Almost done with it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Did you ever sort this out? I had a similar problem with a severely under-performing swap. Never could get it right, dumped the TVS charger and went to a turbo. Almost done with it.
    I succesfully converted it to 6speed transmission,(6L80E), Using the stock ECM (E67),
    What i did:
    -Removed the 4L65 transmission and transfercase(it came stock with an ISUZU one)
    -Got an 4x4 6L80E
    -Remove the 6L80E transfercase
    -Disassemble the 6L80E , take the output shaft to be machined to changue from 32 spline to i think 27 spline to match the stock ISUZU transfercase that came with the colorado, i needed to keep this transfer to keep the electronic controls for the transfer.
    -Make an adapter to mate the 6L80E with the ISUZU transfercase, this adapter needs the holes to install the trans mount on it
    -remove all the wiring of the 4L65E transmission,
    -Rewire the harness to use the 6L80E harness, what the 6L80E need is; 12v hot, 12v ignition, ground, park neutral wire(goes to the e67 ecm, and data bus wires, )
    -started the truck and trans worked perfectly as it should, all six gears working perfectly even the E67 ecm was tuned for the 4L65 and the 6l80e TCM was tunes to be mated with an E38 it worked perfectly..

Good job

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Good job
    Thank you very much, i have received alot of help from this forum, i need to learn alot more but i like this and im learning step by step, if anybody needs or wants to do this conversion i will be very happy to help, step by step, i will upload pics if anyone wants them

Bet you learned a whole lot on this project. I know I always run across something new. Definitely a good job! Perhaps you could post a vid of this thing taking off?

Lifetime Member

totally forgot about this thread.. the problem on the low performance was one actuator that controls the BYpass valve, i just removed the actuator because the colorado PCm wasnt able to control this actuator. it push 15 LBS, truck was retuned and pulls very hard, will upload some pics and videos