Thread: Lmm and Lbz problems flashing. All Figured out

Default Lmm and Lbz problems flashing. All Figured out

For all of you that may be having issues flashing lmm and lbz trucks here is some thing you might try. i have been experiencing problems flashing lly and lbz and lmm trucks for about a month now. at first i thought that i may have just been running into really picky trucks but it seems that i got a little worse every time i would go to flash. so this is what i figured out and i thought i would let you all know in case you somebody else i having a problem.

First the symptoms.
    1 when i would read the file off the truck if it would go through i would give me a message like there are corrupted files or missing calibration in this file.
    2 if i would get a clean read and i went to flash the truck it would always be very picky. i would have to pull the radio fuse and onstar and a couple others every time guaranteed or the flash would fail and would get retrying last block.
    3 most of the time even pulling the main fuses out that would not work. i would have to pull almost every fuse in the whole truck to empty out all the extra stuff the truck was doing and i had to times where even that would not work.
    4 also i even have a bench flash and even with that the trucks would not flash. i went through the whole run down to make sure i had the right updates and everything. was for sure all good.
    5 it took me along time to figure this out as i could always flash lb7 with no problem and lly's where a bit of a pain but could always get them done as well. just the lbz and the lmm where impossible. also even when i would flash these trucks the v2 always went though to the flashing no problem would only ever mess up when actually flashing the new tune after erasing.
    6 last but not least. i did start to notice that my v2 would constantly not be detected by the computer. i would just unplug and replug and it would be good again but would happen more and more frequent.

the fix.
    i finally was flashing a lbz one night and it would not take anything the truck would not start the standard stuff. so i decided to go and buy another computer redownload all the software. and reload the tune. i took it with not problem. i had all of the fuses back into the truck even the radio and onstar. i had the doors open and the radio and heater on after it was all going again to make some final tweeks.

i had a hp g60 this is a popular computer. which is why i decided to write this. i also would like to add the i bought another computer the other day as i did not like the one from walmart it was a hp g7 and i seems to be a little pickyer than the one from walmart. so i am thinking that maybe the hp's dont handle efi live as well as other computers.

the one i bought from walmart was the asus x0141 i think. was not too bad of a computer just did not like the mouse pad. but seemed to flash just about any truck in any situation.

so next time you all are flashing a truck and are having problems with it. just because it looks like the v2 is tying to get it done and it is not does not mean that your truck is the problem. borrow a buddies computer and see if that fixes it. i have seen quite a few people on here with problems like this and does not ever seem to get answered and they always seem to send it off to somebody else to just bench flash there ecm but then they have problems again as soon as they get back if they try to flash.

hope this helps somebody.
    Last edited by dieselguy9311; February 15th, 2013 at 04:44 AM.
    Just some guy

Lifetime Member

It really has nothing to do with the computer manufacture name, Im betting it has to do with the USB chipsets. Every computer and laptop until my latest work PC have been HPs and I havent had any real issues.

Sometimes even moving the USB cable to another port makes a difference as the circuit routing can be different.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

My laptop is a 5 year old Compaq (made by HP), and it works just fine. I did have a problem about a year ago, and it was a USB driver problem. Once I got the drivers reloaded, it started working just fine again.