Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to "delete tune" 08 6.7

Default how to "delete tune" 08 6.7

im a tuning noob so i was just wondering how i would go about doing a catalytic converter and DPF delete tune? also was wondering if there is a way to "unsupport" these items? or make them view as "ready" like from a state OBD2 inspection view point? i know GM are much easier and flexible but i have a 2002 Camaro that is fully built with all emissions crap removed only running 2 of the 4 o2 sensors and when it is hooked up at the inspection station i pass with no issues at all! im wanting to know if i can do this with my Cummins too? oh and my Camaro was tuned with EFI Live.

example of things removed and "tuned out" in my camaro: catalytic converters removed, after cat O2 sensors removed, MAF removed to go speed density, EGR and air system removed i think thats it as far as emissions related items but the car ALWAYS will pass as long as i tip my buddy to ignore that fact that it rolls in on slicks and skinnies and sounds like a drag car!
    Last edited by C Murda; February 18th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Nobody is going to help you with that on here. Why would you even post that on a public forum with all the heat coming down on companies from government agencies currently? Do you have a brain? Why is it you choose not to use it? Think before you post!

Geeze calm down. .. what we do with our personal vehicles is our problem. The epa CANT attack some one for simply providing information n. Its like making drugs and bombs etc the info is out there cant attack people for having knowledge. This is a forum to help people out give each other information if it makes some of you more comfortable please pm me appreciate it rather than getting all testy on here.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Nobody is going to help you with that on here. Why would you even post that on a public forum with all the heat coming down on companies from government agencies currently? Do you have a brain? Why is it you choose not to use it? Think before you post!
    thats a bit harsh. not all of us live in a EPA controlled police state....
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    thats a bit harsh. not all of us live in a EPA controlled police state....
    I don't really think the state you live in (as long as its the good ol USA) is the issue anymore, its the fact that's its not legal to tamper with a factory installed emissions system (and never has been), and people don't want to be associated with making those modifications on a public forum. I know I wouldn't.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

lol,

USA = EPA controlled police state.....

regardless, the response was a bit extreme. all he had to do was ask him to request a pm for info
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

all im saying is there is nothing wrong with sharing information maybe say it in a hypothetical way or PM me back with info! i cant PM everyone on this forum looking for answers so i have to rely on making a thread and that is why forums exist to help others out! should someone have any info and is willing to help share some knowledge with me that would be greatly appreciated! im a noob and live in MA far away from all these EFIlive tuning classes and i work 12 hr shifts m-sat and cant afford to take time off but trust me id LOVe to be fortunate enough to go to a tunning class and learn for myself but as of right now that cant happen so right now i need all the info/help i can get!

oh and FUCK the EPA!

Unfortunately, it has come to this. Sorry C Murda, I know you are just asking a question that seems innocent to you. The fact is that these type of things can turn into a shitstorm and result in futher harming our rights to do as we please with our property and lives. So your best bet is to read and research quietly and if you need help, PM people. There are many many ways to accomplish what you are looking for. There are also many way to kill - but still, certain guns are being banned. Also many ways to get high - but still, certain drugs are being banned. Get my drift? Most of us tune vehicles to run more efficiently and use less fuel / oil. Or build off road big power race cars that pollute less than with poor tuning.

I feel that if you read up on recent events / developments with the tree huggers - you will understand the responses you got.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

ya but like i said i CANt possibly PM everyone especially whenn i dont know who knows what! so i made a thread. if someone wanted to be helpful they can read it then PM me with info. no reason to give me shit for making a post... ya i understand everything that is going on and believe me i am far from a left sided liberal tree hugger, matter of fact the first sticker to go on my rear window was a guy pissing on obama! anyways again if something i ask or anyone for that matter asks on here is risque just PM the person with an answer and dont hate on them for wanting to learn! ive searched but as we all know this forum is kinda small and very vague when it comes to searching so i can never find exact in depth answers specific to my situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Unfortunately, it has come to this. Sorry C Murda, I know you are just asking a question that seems innocent to you. The fact is that these type of things can turn into a shitstorm and result in futher harming our rights to do as we please with our property and lives. So your best bet is to read and research quietly and if you need help, PM people. There are many many ways to accomplish what you are looking for. There are also many way to kill - but still, certain guns are being banned. Also many ways to get high - but still, certain drugs are being banned. Get my drift? Most of us tune vehicles to run more efficiently and use less fuel / oil. Or build off road big power race cars that pollute less than with poor tuning.

I feel that if you read up on recent events / developments with the tree huggers - you will understand the responses you got.

I was harsh because of him bloating about his buddy that helps him pass the EPA test naming efilive on his car and asking how to do it on a truck and obviously he's in the USA. If he would have stated something about being in the Australian bush and his unnecessary Designed Poorly Filter leaving him stranded I would have pm'd him the necessary info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast