Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solution for p2534 limp mode transmission on engine swaps

Lifetime Member

Default Solution for p2534 limp mode transmission on engine swaps

I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM WHIT AN ENGINE SWAP I WAS WORKING WHIT,,
    6.2L 6L80E E38 T43
    The harness was made by me
    This was the problem:: When i started the car and if there was this code present: P2534 the trans will stay on in 3rd gear in limp mode, if you delete the code it will work perfect again but on the next switch cycle the code will return and the limp mode will return

This is the solution i found::
    I used the E38 BLACK CONECTOR pin number 59, this wire will output a ground signal to turn on a relay.. i used this wire to turn on one relay dedicated just for the trans ON switch signal wire, pink color. this did the trick, no more P2534 code and no more limp mode.. i dont know exactly why, but this worked for me.

I was frustated because of this so i wanted to share the solution in case someone else have the same problem

Thanks everyone and sorry for my english

Feel free to rewrite this to make it more understandable

Thumbs up

It's understandable enough. Your English is better than some people who live inm the USA. Thanks for sharing the info.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

400ss, thanks for sharing.

Lifetime Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    400ss, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks to all the members, this forum has been helping me alot so if i can help in something i will help

I wanted to say thank you for posting this thread. I had this same problem on my L92 and 6L80e combo. The problem is that the ECM stays on longer than the TCM so the code pops up when they lose communication with each other. I wired a relay using pin 59 that outputs ground. The relay runs the pink/white wire that controls ignition power to the TCM. This means that the ECM controls how long the TCM power stays on. Since they stay on the same length there is no problem in communications and no codes. Here is a short video showing how long the ECM/TCM combo stays on past ignition off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGXIJNUwJ4

Thanks so much for posting this! Been having this problem with a 6.0L LY6/4L80E MoTech swap in a JK and this resolved my issue!

Lifetime Member

thats nice, it worked out for you, most of my work is on engine swaps, and mostly on XJ, TJ, JK jeeps, so if i can help in something else ill be happy

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    thats nice, it worked out for you, most of my work is on engine swaps, and mostly on XJ, TJ, JK jeeps, so if i can help in something else ill be happy

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by BenHartshorn
    I saw your post "solution for p2534". Can you give me some guidance on what pin 58 supposed to be used for in the factory harness? I'm working with a 07 5.3 and 6l80e. I'm not sure which ground wire to use from the 07 5.3 harness for the relay. Thanks for your help.

About the code the 6L80E trigers?, witht he car running, delete codes, it works normal?, if you restart car/truck the code returns?,,

In the Black connector, pin59, yellow, pcm outputs ground on this pin,,

RELAY:

PIN 30------12v
    PIN 87------ To the Pink ignition wire that goes to the TCM.
    PIN 85------12v
    PIN 86------this one goes to the ECM black connector PIN 59..

When you turn off the car/truck, ecm will turn off before tcm, it should fix your code, let me know

Default Question about the P2534 Limp mode

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM WHIT AN ENGINE SWAP I WAS WORKING WHIT,,
    6.2L 6L80E E38 T43
    The harness was made by me
    This was the problem:: When i started the car and if there was this code present: P2534 the trans will stay on in 3rd gear in limp mode, if you delete the code it will work perfect again but on the next switch cycle the code will return and the limp mode will return

This is the solution i found::
    I used the E38 BLACK CONECTOR pin number 59, this wire will output a ground signal to turn on a relay.. i used this wire to turn on one relay dedicated just for the trans ON switch signal wire, pink color. this did the trick, no more P2534 code and no more limp mode.. i dont know exactly why, but this worked for me.

I was frustated because of this so i wanted to share the solution in case someone else have the same problem

Thanks everyone and sorry for my english

Feel free to rewrite this to make it more understandable
    Hello there. I seem to be having the exact problem on my truck. I am getting the P2534 and P0700 .Can you please tell me where the E38 Black connector pin #59 is and how I should wire it to turn on the relay for the trans on?

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast