Thread: Any Advice

Default Any Advice

I have an 08 6.7 cummins. Currently having files tuned by Anarchy Diesel (He's been great) I want to learn to write my own tunes, but dont have a bunch of money to spend on classes or reference materials. Any ideas, suggestions? How does on find out about all the different parameters and what each affects as well as safe limits?

Lifetime Member

Read, read, read. Then read 5x as much again.

Realize this isnt a walk in the park, a LOT of time, development, and money goes into developing tunes so if you want to learn how to do it yourself be prepared to spend a lot of time and effort. I started back in 2006 and Im still learning every day if that says something. Not trying to scare you away, just making sure you know what you're getting into and the time commitment it requires. Good luck, ask LOTS of question on here!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I have the time, and other diesel enthusiast have been great help. Just looking for as much info as I can get. This forum has been a great start and Efi live has wonderful quick starts for scanning, logging, and flashing.

As stated it all a learning process. With all the updates in changes that go with EFi Live. Ill say this do small changes, in try them. As you learn more change more. Always back up your stock file's on disk and your hard drive. Learn to use the timing calculator it will be your friend.

Once you do start changing tables smooth them out. When you pull a stock file look at how rough and rigid they are. Smooth them out and slowly add little by little 5% at a time. Flash, log, examine, adjust, flash, log, examine, adjust and so on. There is a lot of time involved and plenty of guys on here willing to lend a hand. I have been at it about a year now and have some good friends willing to let me make small adjustments and learn off of there trucks. I also got lucky and got into one of Zach's of Starlite Diesel's classes and learned a ton.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.