Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Performance 6.7

Default Low Performance 6.7

Have one that won't fuel. I only get 94mm3 at full throttle. It goes to that value fairly early (at 100% TP) and just stays there. The only changes made to the stock tune so far are to eliminate the post injection and smooth out and add a little timing to the main+adjust timing tables. Nothing permanent but just enough to get started. The quantity tables go up to 150mm3 so I thought I should get more than 94mm3.
    Here's some notes from one of my logs on what it's doing: (I have a bunch of logs and didn't want to go back through them all to find which one had this on it. We have a lot of snow up here now so not easy to go out and get a new one.)
    TP 100%
    RPM 2800
    MAP 37psi
    FPA 22670 psi
    DC 45.7%
    Pilot PW 252.6us
    Main PW 1113.0us
    CMD Fuel 94.9
    Load 73%
    No post injection.

If I need to get other parameters just let me know what PIDs are needed and I will try to another log sometime soon when the roads clear up.

Also I have some smoke on the low end I would like to clean up. Below 40% TP and under 1800 RPM. Should this be done with PW, FPA, or mm3?

Thanks.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Shoot me the file and ill scope it out and see if you are missing something.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Ok. I'll have to look through some of these to see which one it is. Do want the tune too?
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Yes a log and tunefile.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Sent you an email with the files attached.

Got it, ill check it tonight when I get home.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Thought I might try a reflash. Went to 2 dealers and 1 Cummins service center. Well guess what?! They couldn't do it. Apparently Witech needs to see a TIPM before it will reflash the ECM. So that's not going to happen. i don't have a TIPM installed and I'd guess most conversions don't. So now I'm back to trying to figure out what's limiting my mm3. It's a shame Smarty could do this with very few sensors installed and EFI,in all their glory, can't. But really it's more an issue of this finiky POS ecm. I'm really not even sure a reflash would fix this anyway. The last dealer I was at thought that even if we installed the ecm in a truck with the TIPM that once back on my truck without one it might not run. I beleive that to be true do to the truck tunes I tried and every one would start then die. Maybe looking for something that wasn't there. I really don't know why they didn't work but they didn't. Only the C&C file I got from Tobin would start and stay running. And that's what I'm using now. But can't get it to fuel above 94mm3.

Does the ECM have a speed sensor signal? I've had trouble with 5.9 ecms in standalone applications that without speed signal wouldn't sense load therefore not fueling. Had to tune around it. The parameters you posted only showed 73% load.

No. It does not have VSS. Difficult to get that on the CAN buss from the Ford system. Yes, I saw that the load was not up where it should be either. As well as the fuel. So how do I tune around this? As I've said before (and I'm not being disrespectfull to EFI) other tuners are able to get around this why not this one. I like the versatility EFI has with other parameters.

It can be gotten around with efilive as well if that is indeed your issue. Smarty UDC is load based and has a table that defines fueling based on load. Max it out across the board as iirc smarty does and you may lose driveability but you won't be limited in fueling by load. Now what I have done on 5.9s is determine max mm3 say 94 then I will set my pulse for 90 and above for the desired result in fuel quantity. So if at 150mm3 you are at 2300 microseconds set your pulse table for 2300 microseconds at 90mm3 and up.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast