Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Low Performance 6.7

Well I screwed up a little. That other file is a recovery file that was done the same way. Haven't tried that one. Here's the one I'm using. Sorry.

CMC_Levi_Smarty3_Base_0001.ctz
    Last edited by WetMtnCrd; March 10th, 2015 at 06:09 AM.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Do you think smarty having the right three columns on the f0505 table above 160 has anything to do with the fueling being above 95mm.
    Why did you set the post injection to 4 and not zero, does having a number in there other than zero make a difference?
    Last edited by jkholder09; March 10th, 2015 at 01:09 PM.

I don't really know why this file fuels like it does. I think the only way to answer your question would be to incrementally roll back those numbers and see what happens. I may try the recovery file ("RCVR" file) that I post by accident in an earlier post and see what it does. I suspect it's going to do what I've experienced in the past--95mm3. My ecm had a Smarty tune on it when I first got it and it was supposed to be taken off and returned to stock, but I do know that Smarty has a file #0 that is "half power" and I'm beginning to wonder if that's what happens when you try to remove Smarty with their recovery file. I say that because that's about how the truck runs on that original " return to stock" file.

The post injection on that file is the same as a stock file. I didn't change it because I just wanted to see if it would work and fuel above 95mm3. Now that I know it works I'll make changes to suit my needs.

I just want to clarify that the file I'm using is the "CMC_Levi_Smarty3_Base_0001" file. Not the RCVR file from the earlier post.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Quote Originally Posted by mpdtune View Post
    Try this file. All stock except for codes and full throttle set to 160 mm of fuel.
    Ok. I tried this file and it's the weakest file I've ever used. 77mm3, 49.7% load, etc. See attached log file. Must be a valet or emissions file. Anyway pretty puny for some reason. I didn't look through it to see if I could find anything that might be limiting it this much.

Log_0004.efi

Quote Originally Posted by WetMtnCrd View Post
    Ok. I tried this file and it's the weakest file I've ever used. 77mm3, 49.7% load, etc. See attached log file. Must be a valet or emissions file. Anyway pretty puny for some reason. I didn't look through it to see if I could find anything that might be limiting it this much.

Log_0004.efi
    I used the recovery file you post haha, that's why it's got no power.

That's got to be their half power tune. I posted that recovery file by mistake. Oh well. Stuff happens. My original stock tune which is supposed to be a Smarty "return to stock" file does better than this one. It'll do 95mm3 and 73% load. Did you look at the other file, the Smarty3 one? That's the one I'm most interested in now because it will fuel to a decent level. Something I can at least work with using EFI.
    Last edited by WetMtnCrd; March 14th, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

I haven't had a chance yet. I'll do it today.

Give this a try. This is the file you last posted with all available delete options for modules/codes in efilive. Also disabled the injection limiters (efilive only thing). And smoothed out the timing tables. Give this a try but go easy. If it works correctly its got some big fueling numbers up top, gotta love Smarty lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Table e2536 still has some fuel rates under 100mm some are even as low as 45mm. Its pretty tough to tell which alternate table may be selected but making that entire table 200 may cut loose the last defuelss in the tune as well. I don't know if going over 200 in the boost table will matter but it was worth a try.

Ok. We're making progress now. I ran that file but not with out making some changes. Did not want to run that much timing so I changed the timing tables back to the original. Could probly use a little more but not 40*. Also while I was in there I went ahead and opened up e2536, b1252, and f0522. I really believe e2536 was the last hurdle to clear because the numbers on the upper Alt columns are what I was seeing for fuel quantity as the limit before. Don't know if the torque table (f0522) is limiting or just a reference for measurement. At 610 my dash board TQ% reads 100% but at 1000 it reads 89%. So....?? But anyway I think this file now has no limiting going on at all. See the attached log file. Looks like a bigger CP3 is in order. Can't do 168 at 4250 pw with a stock one. Rolled back to 125-130 & 3100-3200 and it did a lot better.

Now I gotta start working on better mileage. At lower throttle settings and rpm it just does what whatever it damn well pleases!

Log_0005.efi

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast