Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Performance 6.7

I haven't done any updates lately in fear of losing the ability to do deletes. Haven't really kept up with what's going on with EFI lately. Will I need to update my V2 or will this work with an older build version? Thanks. It's nice to know someone is still working on this.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

So there is a difference between the C&C and pick up ECM's? I thought so after trying some pickup files back when I first got EFI and they wouldn't work. That's interesting. Can you elaborate on the differences? I'm really curious now.
    Last edited by WetMtnCrd; February 28th, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Quote Originally Posted by WetMtnCrd View Post
    So there is a difference between the C&C and pick up ECM's? I thought so after trying some pickup files back when I first got EFI and they wouldn't work. That's interesting. Can you elaborate on the differences? I'm really curious now.
    From what I saw is that the stock tunes are obviously different, but IIRC there was a difference in the list of PIDs available. It has been a while sine I looked at this as I sold the truck, but may be getting back into these swaps sooner than later. Glad to see that your swap is still running strong and that Destroked is making headway with their Zeus!
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

I haven't done any updates lately in fear of losing the ability to do deletes. Haven't really kept up with what's going on with EFI lately. Will I need to update my V2 or will this work with an older build version? Thanks. It's nice to know someone is still working on this.
    You will need to update to the latest software and firmware to flash my file. Updates will not remove deletes, if anything they enhance them. The c&c are a different breed, lots of little differences.

Can a C&C ecm be reflashed with a different OS or core software to a pickup ecm? That might be the way to go if this file doesn't work since I have the Zeus to keep me going if I need to send the stock one off.

Not that I know of. Hardway Performance might be able to work some magic with a bench flash though.

Ok thanks. Just got everything updated. Will have to install stock ecm and try this. Looked through the file and there definitely a lot of new stuff there. Might be be a couple days before I actually get to try it out. Wx has not been very nice here on the mountain lately. And expecting more snow tonight. It's 10 miles down to pavement before I can really test anything above light throttle and only if it's dry down there. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I can. Thanks again.

Let me know. It's a pretty roughed-in tune but you'll know if it's getting full fueling.

Can a C&C ecm be reflashed with a different OS or core software to a pickup ecm? That might be the way to go if this file doesn't work since I have the Zeus to keep me going if I need to send the stock one off.
    Nope I had trouble with this for a loooooong time. My ECM was killed by a tuner long ago and they replaced it with a C&C ECM without my knowing about it. I had all kinds of problems with efi due to this. Every time I would try to flash a truck OS on it the thing truck would drive like a rank horse trying to buck you out the door. Anyway I bought a used truck ECM and it works just fine no more problems at all. I always had a few gremlins in the C&C ecm even after I got an OS that drove good. A few little limiters that would pop up in certain situations, high load low rpm roll on would run into a huge mm limiter that I could never find. Anyway best of luck with the modified file and you can probably find a truck ecm pretty cheap, there is a guy on Compd that almost always has one. I think his user name is Mark Nixon, it does not matter if it is manual or auto.

Well that file didn't help. Did the same thing as previous files. See attached log file. Still limiting mm3 so you don't get decent fuel pressure either. Also got continuous black smoke at low throttle settings which I got before anytime I messed with pilot or post injection. Never got it with a completely stock file. Only when I changed pilot and/or post injection. Still something missing in the C&C ecm that is not being addressed. Guess I'll shop for a pickup ecm. If that don't fix it my v2 is going in the fire place. Don't want to but may have to go back to Smarty for my stock ecm's for winter time use. It worked!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast