Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Performance 6.7

Thanks. I'll take a look at this and give it a try. I don't remember seeing a load based table in EFI though. I'll look again but the pw stuff may do the trick.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

A load based table is not accessible with efilive yet. Also note that with the pw truck max mm3 will still be 94 but you should see a higher pulse and more fuel

How ya getting more fuel if the ecm is limiting quantity? PW just spreads the commanded volume over a longer or shorter period of time with pressure adjustment. At least that's how I've understood it. But then I've discovered things about this ecm that I don't really understand too.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Quote Originally Posted by WetMtnCrd View Post
    How ya getting more fuel if the ecm is limiting quantity? PW just spreads the commanded volume over a longer or shorter period of time with pressure adjustment. At least that's how I've understood it. But then I've discovered things about this ecm that I don't really understand too.
    no

commanded volume is just a reference number. you can adjust how much fuel you are actually feeding the engine by changing your PW and/or your fuel pressure. even though you are maxxing out at 94mm3, you can still force as much fueling as you need by remapping your PW table to take into consideration that 94 is "max" and scale down from there. you will likely lose slight driveability.
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Thought of trying to find a truck ECM?
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    Thought of trying to find a truck ECM?
    Still wouldn't fuel fully. I don't have VSS to the ecm. That's really the biggest issue right now.

what about using an 06/07 ecm for a 5.9? i see you arent using the stock VGT anyway
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    no

commanded volume is just a reference number. you can adjust how much fuel you are actually feeding the engine by changing your PW and/or your fuel pressure. even though you are maxxing out at 94mm3, you can still force as much fueling as you need by remapping your PW table to take into consideration that 94 is "max" and scale down from there. you will likely lose slight driveability.
    Ok. I've been able to make some progress with pw changes. But I have not have any luck getting the fuel pressure up. I've adjusted the pressure table, the duty cycle table, and the FCAC table and none of them have made any difference in commanded or actual fuel pressure. How do you get the fuel pressure up?

Also now that I have gotten the pw's up I have developed quite a fuel pressure oscillation. Not during cruise as some have had but under moderate acceleration. Anyone seen this before?

Have you adjusted the limiter tables?
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast