Thread: Injector data descrepancy for 60 lber's

Lifetime Member

Default Injector data descrepancy for 60 lber's

I have the injector data excel from Greg Banish's tuning DVD's. I looked up the tall 60# injectors and looked at the injector flow rate in g/sec from 0-80kPA that we would enter into the IFR table in EFI Live. I then compared this with the data in the excel found on Marcin (Red Hard Supra) website that most tend to use. They seem to be off by 0.5g/sec. Can anyone shed any light on why there might be a difference between the 2 sets of data?

Other sheets usually just take the Siemens (Continental) data provided at 3.0bar and use the Bernoulli equation (square root of pressure ratio) to solve for a new theoretical 4.0bar flow rate. This gets you in the ballpark, but there can be differences. The data included in my DVD's data disc is based upon actual injector test data provided by Ford Motor Company's research laboratory in SAE conditions. I tend to believe OEM lab data when it's provided...
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Other sheets usually just take the Siemens (Continental) data provided at 3.0bar and use the Bernoulli equation (square root of pressure ratio) to solve for a new theoretical 4.0bar flow rate. This gets you in the ballpark, but there can be differences. The data included in my DVD's data disc is based upon actual injector test data provided by Ford Motor Company's research laboratory in SAE conditions. I tend to believe OEM lab data when it's provided...
    Ah very cool. Thanks for explaining Greg. I think that's neat that you're willing to post up helpful information. I enjoyed your DVD and book thoroughly so its nice to chat with the originator of it.

I did have 1 more quick question. In the excel, you have data for 60# tall and 60# shorty Siemens injectors. Would the traditional Mototron 60#ers that are available thorough numerous vendors such as new era performance and racetronix basically the same as the Siemens tall 60#ers? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    I did have 1 more quick question. In the excel, you have data for 60# tall and 60# shorty Siemens injectors. Would the traditional Mototron 60#ers that are available thorough numerous vendors such as new era performance and racetronix basically the same as the Siemens tall 60#ers? Thanks.
    The FRPP 60's are manufactured by Continental (who bought SiemensVDO, makers of the Mototron 60's), so they should be the same thing as long as the vendor isn't being slippery. I actually bought my set of flow matched 60's from Racetronix for my personal car.

Strangely, I was told by my injector expert when I worked at VDO that the tall and short 60's are essentially the same. Same motors, plates, and seals, just a longer body on the one part number. They "should" be identical performance. That said, I have seen two different sets of OE data, one for each part number. So I just processed these individually when putting together the injector data sheets since I had specific information available. If you plot them out, they're actually very close to each other anyway.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    The FRPP 60's are manufactured by Continental (who bought SiemensVDO, makers of the Mototron 60's), so they should be the same thing as long as the vendor isn't being slippery. I actually bought my set of flow matched 60's from Racetronix for my personal car.

Strangely, I was told by my injector expert when I worked at VDO that the tall and short 60's are essentially the same. Same motors, plates, and seals, just a longer body on the one part number. They "should" be identical performance. That said, I have seen two different sets of OE data, one for each part number. So I just processed these individually when putting together the injector data sheets since I had specific information available. If you plot them out, they're actually very close to each other anyway.
    fantastic information. That actually makes sense in the world of manufacturing, there is usually 1-2 root manufacturer's who them sell to the big name familiar companies who market it as their special version lol. Thanks again Greg.