Thread: Commanded Open Loop AFR (B3605) Question?

Default Commanded Open Loop AFR (B3605) Question?

Quick question(s)...?

When working with AutoVE:

1. Do you have to import the exact (B3605) table that the AutoVE tutorial gives you into the tune you're working with? Or can/should you alter it for any given AFR you want to target in any given cell?

2. After you're done tuning with AutoVE and you're ready to turn on the o2 and MAF sensors, should you just leave the imported (B3605) tutorial (or your own) table in your final calibration, or do you switch it back the the stock table?

Common sense tells me to leave the (B3605) table in there once AutoVE is completed so the fueling stays accurate, but I've been proven wrong many times before...

-john

Quote Originally Posted by fyi
    Quick question(s)...?

When working with AutoVE:

1. Do you have to import the exact (B3605) table that the AutoVE tutorial gives you into the tune you're working with? Or can/should you alter it for any given AFR you want to target in any given cell?

2. After you're done tuning with AutoVE and you're ready to turn on the o2 and MAF sensors, should you just leave the imported (B3605) tutorial (or your own) table in your final calibration, or do you switch it back the the stock table?

Common sense tells me to leave the (B3605) table in there once AutoVE is completed so the fueling stays accurate, but I've been proven wrong many times before...

-john

Hi John,

1 )Basically you can make the B3605 table command whatever you want. Just remember that it is a reference of MAP against ECT (not RPM like the B3647 table in the V3 Custom OS's). IIRC the tutorial tells you to disable the PE mode, in which case you would want to be commanding a rich enough AFR (I think about 13:1 or so is recommended in the doc) to be safe in the high MAP areas, and also allowing for the fact that you are running a first iteration of the AutoVE procedure.

So, what you might do for the first/seconds logs is command a rich 13:1, perhaps enriching further to 12.5 from 85 kPa out. Then once you have hit a good portion of your cells and updated your VE table you may want to change the majority of the B3605 table to a more normal commanded AFR.

2) I would say by the time you are ready to go back to Closed Loop (assuming you ever do) then you would likely leave the B3605 table as is because it now represents the AFRs that the car ran well with during the tune process.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Understood and thank you for the advice. I've found that the EFI Live tutorial (B3605) table data to be very close to get me started, I've just blended the transitions a bit cleaner to avoid abrupt fueling changes as the engine RPM passes over the MAP value curve.

-john