Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wondering if this will work?? Colorado LSA 6 speeds transmission

Lifetime Member

-This combo is on a S10: 5.3L AFM No VVT,2009 OS:12630501 6L80E (Came from a camaro) 2010 OS:24249179
    -This one is on a TJ Jeep: 6.2L VVT, 2007 OS:12614088 6L80E 2009 OS:24249179
    -I dont have right now the other ones ive done but let me look for those tunes

Lifetime Member

The 6L80E NEEDS: 12V constant, 12v Ignition, Ground, It has 2 pairs of Data BUS wires, Tan and Tan/black, You can wire both Tans to just one Tan and the Tan/black to just one tan/black then tun those to the ECM Data BUS wires, and the 6L80E has one wire that is orange/black that one is the Park/neutral signal to the ECM, and i think it has a TOS signal too, trans output speed or somethig like that, i can check it if you need that info

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    -This combo is on a S10: 5.3L AFM No VVT,2009 OS:12630501 6L80E (Came from a camaro) 2010 OS:24249179
    -This one is on a TJ Jeep: 6.2L VVT, 2007 OS:12614088 6L80E 2009 OS:24249179
    -I dont have right now the other ones ive done but let me look for those tunes
    Please I'd love more info on this! I am helping swap a 6L80E for a friend we would like to use the 2009 5.3L Colorado E67 PCM to start with. Did you leave the T42 in place? Did the PRNDL function properly? Are you able to read both PCM and T43 together?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    Please I'd love more info on this! I am helping swap a 6L80E for a friend we would like to use the 2009 5.3L Colorado E67 PCM to start with. Did you leave the T42 in place? Did the PRNDL function properly? Are you able to read both PCM and T43 together?

The colorado i worked on was a 2012 model and the 6l80E was a 2011 or 2012 model im not sure it was from a 5.3L 6L80E Silveado,, you need to remove the engine harness, it has integrated the trans harness,, you need to remove all the wires of the T42, then you need to convert it to 6L80E harness, it is simple. im pretty sure it will work just fine, if the colorado you are working on is a 2009 model, just try to use a 09 6L80E or you can flash it with a Tech2 for a 09 calibration,, everything will work perfectly, PRNDL, cruise control and everything, the only thing that is not gonna work is the Manual mode or Sport mode , you can make it work but you need the pads and the silverado BCM and is more work, You need to read the ECM and then the TCM or the TCM and then the PCM, because they are diferent modules, if cant do the Harness part i can do it for you for free, you just need to pay the shipment, right now im on mexico but i can do it you just need to send it to me, i dont have nothing to do right now so im bored,, if you want to keep the 4x4 buttons you need to keep the colorado transfer you need to take the trans to a trans shop and tell them to remove the trans output shaft take the output shaft to a machining shop and give them the transfer and the output shaft tell them to machine the shaft to fit on the input of the transfer

The colorado i worked on was a 2012 model and the 6l80E was a 2011 or 2012 model im not sure it was from a 5.3L 6L80E Silveado,, you need to remove the engine harness, it has integrated the trans harness,, you need to remove all the wires of the T42, then you need to convert it to 6L80E harness, it is simple. im pretty sure it will work just fine, if the colorado you are working on is a 2009 model, just try to use a 09 6L80E or you can flash it with a Tech2 for a 09 calibration,, everything will work perfectly, PRNDL, cruise control and everything, the only thing that is not gonna work is the Manual mode or Sport mode , you can make it work but you need the pads and the silverado BCM and is more work, You need to read the ECM and then the TCM or the TCM and then the PCM, because they are diferent modules, if cant do the Harness part i can do it for you for free, you just need to pay the shipment, right now im on mexico but i can do it you just need to send it to me, i dont have nothing to do right now so im bored,, if you want to keep the 4x4 buttons you need to keep the colorado transfer you need to take the trans to a trans shop and tell them to remove the trans output shaft take the output shaft to a machining shop and give them the transfer and the output shaft tell them to machine the shaft to fit on the input of the transfer
    OK thanks, I'm helping another member from a Colorado forum, but he may take you up on that offer. So you can completely remove the T42? Do you have the pinouts for the trans handy? What gear is it in when you shift into L? How do you put it into say gears 5 and 6? So do you wire Can hi and Can lo from the PCM to the trans, and the PNP signal, and it all works? That's really cool! Thanks again for all your help so far!

Lifetime Member

OK thanks, I'm helping another member from a Colorado forum, but he may take you up on that offer. So you can completely remove the T42? Do you have the pinouts for the trans handy? What gear is it in when you shift into L? How do you put it into say gears 5 and 6? So do you wire Can hi and Can lo from the PCM to the trans, and the PNP signal, and it all works? That's really cool! Thanks again for all your help so far!
    Im gonna try to explain about the harness part, you need to remove the engine harness, remove the harness cover, completely remove the T42 connector and harness the only wires you need from the T42 connector are; 2 pairs of CAN bus wires each pair are TAN/Black and TAN, you need the ignition voltage this one should be pink or pink/black, you need ground, must be black/white, you need constant 12v this one should be red, and you need the park/neutral signal this one should be orange/black, and accesory wakeup signal, this one should be dark blue, and i think you need the stop lamp signal on some 6L80E,, now with those wires you make the harness for the 6l80E and done

Im gonna try to explain about the harness part, you need to remove the engine harness, remove the harness cover, completely remove the T42 connector and harness the only wires you need from the T42 connector are; 2 pairs of CAN bus wires each pair are TAN/Black and TAN, you need the ignition voltage this one should be pink or pink/black, you need ground, must be black/white, you need constant 12v this one should be red, and you need the park/neutral signal this one should be orange/black, and accesory wakeup signal, this one should be dark blue, and i think you need the stop lamp signal on some 6L80E,, now with those wires you make the harness for the 6l80E and done
    Sounds straight forward! Thanks a lot! Did you ever make any vids of the truck? I'd love to hear a Colorado 6 speed shifting! That would be sweet!

Lifetime Member

Sounds straight forward! Thanks a lot! Did you ever make any vids of the truck? I'd love to hear a Colorado 6 speed shifting! That would be sweet!
    Yeah thats cool, but it sounds alot better cause it is runing a 6.2L LSA SC engine with 15lbs of boost plus the 6L80

Yeah thats cool, but it sounds alot better cause it is runing a 6.2L LSA SC engine with 15lbs of boost plus the 6L80
    OK it would be cruel to not make a video! I'd love to see either pictures or a build thread if you have one? These trucks are my passion, I have a 04 with a 4.8L V8 5 speed

Lifetime Member

400ss, Thanks for sharing with us what you have done. One thing that I am still a little curious about is that some people have mentioned using the Corvette 6L80E OS since it has inputs for the tap up/down shifting without using the BCM ??? The one post that talks about this mentioned using a 2009 OS. Maybe other years of Vette TCM's are similar?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast