Hey guy's I'm looking to rack the brains of some of the programmers here. I've noticed that on 896 and 411 PCM's with an Fbody OS that the timing retard function of Red connector Pin 53 is enabled so that when you ground the input it will pull the timing filled in the traction control timing retard tables. There are obviously timers that have to be maxed out as most are set for a max on time for 4 seconds before it trips an error. With that said C5's and other ETC equipped cars dont use this input as more traction events are controled via ETC and not spark retard (at least via an input on the connector).

My question is most of the calibrations have similar operations or operating systems and it appears there is a switch in the calibration somewhere to enable this method of timing retard. Is this something that could be mapped out to enable on cars not normally equipped with this parameter to use as another method of timing pull?

This comes in very useful on Fbody's but alot of C5's would also benefit that I've tuned with this flexability.