Thread: Scanner opening with same vin and op system and gearbox

Default Scanner opening with same vin and op system and gearbox

How do i get the Scanner opening with same vin and op system and gearbox. Each time i have to load the cars info and then click on VIN and add the details again.

How can i just do it once and for all?

Its still doing the same - it would be good if the scanner would just open up ready for my car each time???

Try pressing the picture of the face behind the blue car (default customer details), or access by CTRL+D. Enter all your details and press the "Save" button.

I did this ages ago and mine seems to open with my details all the time. Except, under some circumstance I can't isolate I sometimes have to Update VIN and enter the OS number again and again. Haven't had to do this for a little while so perhaps Paul fixed this in one of the latest builds.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

EFILive should open up with whatever the last VIN was that was loaded.
    If you open a log file from a vehicle with a different VIN, then close the software, the next time you start the Scan Tool it will start with that VIN.

Sometimes a PCM has no VIN and that causes a few problems since EFILive does not "know" which VIN to use.

Make sure the PCM has a VIN - check the messages for a valid VIN in the [Console (F12)] tab page when the connection is first made to the vehicle - it shows all the info that EFILive is extracting from the vehicle during the connection process.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I only log my own car, the required Platform is always blank, Operating system is mostly blank, the Vin comes up complete and when I add the Y Platform the Vin privatizes although it's not selected to do that. Any ideas?
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

When I open a log file (which was saved from a BB log), the bottom bar on the scan tool shows the correct VIN but the OS and trans. revert to blank and manual.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    When I open a log file (which was saved from a BB log), the bottom bar on the scan tool shows the correct VIN but the OS and trans. revert to blank and manual.
    Ditto. I can enter my info and when I load a log file only the vin remains.
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

I will look into it - sounds like there could be a problem.

One thing to note - in the Enter VIN window, it shows "Required" next to the Platform. That is wrong, the "Required" should be next to the VIN. The Platform dropdown listbox is only a quick way to select a compatible/default VIN for that platform and is definitely not mandatory.

Regards
    Paul(Using Ross' login)
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Paul(Using Ross' login)
    I was wondering for a moment if Ross was now writing Windows code...