Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V7.5 & V8 software ?

Default V7.5 & V8 software ?

Is the EFILive software different for gas and diesel?
    I have EFILive AutoCal for both gas and diesel from different EFI tuners and now the software is conflicting with each other.
    On EFI website it shows-Download EFILive V7.5.7 Build 211 and Download EFILive V8.2.1 Build 203, but when I got my EFILive AutoCal for my gasser the software for the for the V8 is V8.2.2.215.
    I have the tunes loaded and working in both using the proper software when loaded, but now I can not read PID's, data logging and display data on either.
    The EFI is great tuning, but a little difficult knowing exactly what to do for someone that's not a computer person.
    My diesel tuner requested I send back my AutoCal to see if they can figure out what the problem is, I sent it back.
    My gasser tuner said there is new software coming out the next version of the software (public version vs beta) does anyone know when this will happen?

Thanks for any feedback.

Install most recent software (RC1, 222/215): EFILive-RC-1-(March-01-2013)

Re-configure AutoCal(s): Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

I put the V8.2.2.215. back in my gasser AutoCal and now I able to data log but no on viewing pid's
    My diesel AutoCal has been shipped back to the dealer at their request but they are still using the V7.5.7 Build 211, V8.2.1 Build 203.
    I check out your reply and I will download what you posted.
    Will this make the AutoCal be able to read the selected pid's ?
    On my Diesel I have the Edge Insight CTS I can view everything so I'm not concerned about it.
    Its the gasser I would like view some pids.
    Thanks.

Lifetime Member

You need to manually program the firmware from the RC1 link that Joe linked to, if you're not comfortable doing that then you should probably go back to V8 build 203. BUT, talk to your tuner FIRST. Sometimes we like to do things that can cause backwards compatibility issues with old software/firmware.

You need V8 to setup your AutoCal, you can use V7.5 for logging/clearing DTCs and viewing log files. Tunes are an unknown, the default setting is to have them locked when you save them for use with an AutoCal.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I just did the manual program on the V7.5 and V8 that Joe had a link to which is the software my gas tuner uses.
    What I can't figure out is why I can not view pids and can not view display data.
    Now I'm able to data log since I did the software update from my gasser tuner, but the other 2 options above I can not.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I verified everything on the BBX and programmed in.

After flashing in the new firmware into V2, did you goto BBx, edit the pidlists, and do Program All...?

But you should probably let your tuner do that, see what Erik said above.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    After flashing in the new firmware into V2, did you goto BBx, edit the pidlists, and do Program All...?

But you should probably let your tuner do that, see what Erik said above.
    Yes, I did edit the pid list and program all.
    Just so I understand this, am I suppose to be able to drop down to the select pids on the AutoCal just like a scanner, hit ok then select 38 (gasser) then drop down till I find the pid that I want to view on the AutoCal plugged into the OBD II and the engine running the whole time???
    This is what I understand I'm supposed to be able to do, but it does not work.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get my AutoCal back from my diesel tuner and have them walk me thru this.
    My diesel AutoCal would only do the tunes, nothing else.

Thanks to all for the info,

Yes. But only if the pidlist contains the correct pids. And if before doing Program All, the pid channel bar graph on the bottom of the BBx page was not red.

There is NO red in the channel bar there is blue and green and white going past mid-way with 42% space required.
    All of the pid's is available for the #38 engine and there are 10 on the selected side.

Thanks,
    "BLACK"-2007 Yukon Denali 6.2 gasser EFI AutoCal
    "BLACK"-2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW, LMM Dmax, EFI AutoCal/Spade

Post a screenshot of the BBx page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast