Thread: Script exited with code $0538:dsp5 operating system cannot be read

Default Script exited with code $0538:dsp5 operating system cannot be read

Just bought a V2, working on the first truck. trying to copy factory tune from truck, when i go into tune, auto detect then read and go, i get "Script exited with code $0538:dsp5 operating system cannot be read".... any help??

I may of put this in wrong forum, someone can move it..

I am going to assume this is a LBZ or LMM in which case, as the error says, it's not possible to read the DSP5 tune back out of one of those ECM's, sorry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

yes LBZ, so your saying this truck has a dsp5 tune already programed into the ecm? I bought the truck used, and have no idea of history of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by crhallfarms View Post
    i get "Script exited with code $0538:dsp5 operating system cannot be read".... any help??
    Quote Originally Posted by crhallfarms View Post
    yes LBZ, so your saying this truck has a dsp5 tune already programed into the ecm?
    I would say so.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I am going to be bringing this back up for them dead cause I am having the same issue.

So here is whats going on. About a year ago, I had my boss get the file from my truck and then email it to nick at duramaxtuner to have a DSP5 file made, he did got it back and then my boss wrote the file on my ecm and I have been having fun with it ever sense. Now I got the efilive from my boss and I have been doing a lot of reading and asking questions and now I went to go read my file from it so I could start messing with it and I got that error. With that being said do I have to get that file from nick at duramaxtuner so I can start messing with it? Or what do I have to do so I can start messing with my tunes? thanks for your help.

Jeff

If it's a LBZ or LMM the DSP file CANNOT be read via the OBD 2 port. You will either have to get a copy of it from your tuner, or find a copy of it from whoever flashed it in for you. This is why it is reccomended to save a copy of your tunes for backup as you never know what will happen.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

ooohhh got it, I missed that part. I wonder if nick at duramax tuner has my file someplace. looks like I will have to email him.... thanks for your help.

Just to add to the post, i did get mine all figured out. They guy i got my tunes from was able to just write me a tune from scatch off my vin # , year and tire size from the truck. and i was able to just flash that onto my ecm. Now for your issue, from what i've learned. if a big company like duramax tuners made if, you will not be able to view it nor would they want you to because someone could just use they're settings and build their own from that.. You may have to just download a stock tune from diesel place, and start from there. now, you also need to make sure whoever flashed the dsp5 into your truck still has that file on computer. if you ever want to go back that dsp5 tune you had. you will need that. I'm still a newbe at this but from talking to people this is what i gathered. someone correct me if im wrong??