Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Segment swap causing different results than manual copy / paste

Default Segment swap causing different results than manual copy / paste

Kind of a long story but I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

My original calibration was set up for me and all was fairly well, but I had one main nagging issue. Ive been running a DBW system on my conversion and everything works great except for I only have half the pedal travel to work with (ETC and pedal say 100% at 50% throttle.)

I have been logging 'ETCPED' and visually verifying the throttle blade to make sure everything is what it says.

When I use a Holden tune with the same OS as mine, my throttle works perfect!

So here is what I tried:
    Swapped all segments from my tune > holden = No good
    Swapped ONLY engine segment from my tune > holden = No good
    Swapped ONLY engine section MANUALLY from my tune > holden = Perfect!
    Swapped everything MANUALLY from my tune > holden = Perfect!

Question is:
    Why would doing everything by hand produce different results than swapping segments? My main concern is that Im not copying something by hand because its in the 'background' of the tune, if there is such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by samh_08 View Post
    Question is:
    Why would doing everything by hand produce different results than swapping segments? My main concern is that Im not copying something by hand because its in the 'background' of the tune, if there is such a thing.
    That is exactly what is going on, segment swap takes every bit of data from a segment and moves it, manual copy/paste (you must have lots of spare time) only copies the tables shown in the editor, everything else within that segment remains the same.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That is exactly what is going on, segment swap takes every bit of data from a segment and moves it, manual copy/paste (you must have lots of spare time) only copies the tables shown in the editor, everything else within that segment remains the same.
    So what exactly is hidden behind the scenes that is causing the change in the way the throttle acts? Im concerned because the person who made the tune (I'll PM you his name) claims his tunes are separated by the others by the stuff he does in background.

Like I said, the car runs pretty damn good so I dont want to screw that up because there's something I cannot transfer.

Yes, correct what GPMX said, the segment swap copies other hidden details (not just the tables)...

for example this is how you would change a PCM from 4L60E to 4L80E.

Is there a way for me to modify this hidden stuff? I can post the tune if someone knows how to change/see background info.

Bringing this back up. I have attached the Holden tune that works, and my current dysfunctional tune .

I would just use the Holden tune, but the OS and other calibration 'background details' are different (i.e says the engine is 5.7L instead of 6.0, all checksums are different.

There has to be a way to 'extract' the throttle section. Im all ears for any opinions/ideas.

Lifetime Member

One time time, i ws having a problem on DBW, full down only openes 50% throttle, swaped the accelerator pedal, and done.. this was on a 04 silverado

Tried a different sensor and TAC with same result. I dont want to just get a pedal with 50% less pedal travel cause I know I can fix this with software.

Where theres a will theres a way ...

Been a long time since I thought about a LS1 PCM's operation, but, isn't the TAC module required to be matched in some way to the pedal and PCM tune? In other words you can't take a truck pedal, Cadillac TAC and put a Holden PCM tune in.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Those tunes don't match OSs...how did you segment swap?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast