Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tool to help tune A6 shift points

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Awesome chart Chris...I made a some changes to make it US standard friendly and it helped me transform my truck's shifting and drivability as if it were a whole new truck! Thanks for sharing.

Hey mate,

Glad it helped!
    It was probably an oversight on my behalf not to have an option on the first sheet to select imperial or metric units
    I still havent added the charts that Joecar suggested either
    I need to revisit this soon to try to tune drone out of my car - lol
    Damn exhaust has a shocking "drone-zone" 1700-1850 rpm so I think I'll just use the tool to stop the converter locking until engine speed will be 1950+

If you made any other changes other than the imperial speeds then send them through and I'll include it in the next version.

Cheers and thanks for your comments

Finish your latest version yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Finish your latest version yet?
    Hi mate,

Kind of dropped the ball on this one at about 98% finished...

Cant remember what else needed doing at this point.
    BUT this has significantly more data and charting of shiftpoints than the last version.

There is now a separate Tab for each gear

Let me know what else needs doing?

Cheers, Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

T2000, i have to say thank you so much, with your xls sheet i was able to properly setup my shift points and tcc...

Very useful tool, but if i may suggest why not have it where on the chart pg i am able to edit the parameters so i dont have to keep accessin the first tab to make my edits...

Again AWESOME idea you brought to life...
    American Muscle, European Design, Japanese Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    T2000, i have to say thank you so much, with your xls sheet i was able to properly setup my shift points and tcc...

Very useful tool, but if i may suggest why not have it where on the chart pg i am able to edit the parameters so i dont have to keep accessin the first tab to make my edits...

Again AWESOME idea you brought to life...
    Hi Naf,

Thanks for your comments, nice to know the tool helps.

I know what you mean about being able to edit next to the chart, I will have a look at this and see what I can come up with.
    I suspect it will come down to writing macros though... so that any changes on the "Data from CAL" sheet and on any Gear sheet remain synchronised. At the moment it is simple with the Gear sheets/charts simply looking up the data that is in the "Data from CAL" sheet. The complexity of a 2-way update versus a 1-way lookup... I will give it some thought though.

Cheers, Chris

Awesome tool and work! Is it just me or is it password protected? Im getting odd errors to do with protected cells, I just want to make sure Im not calculating errors.

Is there a reason for the password? I would also like to convert to English units.

Thanks for your hard work!!

+1

( I'm using LibreOffice and I need to increase the cell height to avoid truncated cell display, but it won't let me due to protected cells )

Default Updated version - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by samh_08 View Post
    Awesome tool and work! Is it just me or is it password protected? Im getting odd errors to do with protected cells, I just want to make sure Im not calculating errors.

Is there a reason for the password? I would also like to convert to English units.

Thanks for your hard work!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    +1

( I'm using LibreOffice and I need to increase the cell height to avoid truncated cell display, but it won't let me due to protected cells )
    Hi Joecar and Sam,

Sorry for the late reply,

Created in OpenOffice 4 and saved in excel format so should work with just about anything (I hope)

Protected sheets / cells are enabled to make sure the end user doesnt inadvertently "break" the calculations which are embedded in the sheets. Changing any cell other than the "copy/paste" (tune cells) will result in failed calculations... and there are hundreds of links running between the sheets to do all the necessary calcs.

Attached is an updated version,

In this version I have added a 2nd GearCalc tab, so now gearing/speed will be calculated for both KPH and MPH simultaneously. Just work from the Tab that provides the units that you use in your tune.

It shouldnt be necessary to change units anywhere else in the spreadsheet as they are irrelevant as far as the calcs are concerned (values + units are just imported from the tune).

I have also added some detail to the WOT sheet, it now has colour coding and some charts. Pretty messy and low res charting but it is designed more to highlight errors rather than provide a high res tuning solution.

Rather than trying to make individual changes or enhancements please just leave your requests or comments and I will try to fix it in the base document.

Anyways, enjoy the new version, I'm glad a few people are finding it useful.

Cheers, Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

I post a screenshot later of what happens... (all the cells have the top 33% of their values lopped off... I'm not sure how to increase the cell height).

For reference:

PT shift table relationships:

basic relationships:
    1->2 curve should be above 2->1 curve;
    2->3 curve should be above 3->2 curve;
    3->4 curve should be above 4->3 curve;
    4->5 curve should be above 5->4 curve;
    5->6 curve should be above 6->5 curve;

additional relationships:
    3->2 curve should be above 1->2 curve;
    4->3 curve should be above 2->3 curve;
    5->4 curve should be above 3->4 curve;
    6->5 curve should be above 4->5 curve;

this can be summarized as: the curves cannot cross anywhere;

if they cross anywhere, then you will not be able to predict what gear the TCM selects when the operating point hits the cross.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast