Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom os tuning questions

Default Custom os tuning questions

I’m going turbo this year and I changed over to COS 3 in Efilive and now im lost. They talk about Semi open loop and now tuning via PE or boost ve. Help me out here, I’m running O2 sensors still and I’d like to use them but it seems like I would be better to disable PE altogether and just tune off of the ve and comanded tables. Also in COS 3 they now change to commanded rpm vs map which is blank from the re-flash, should I populate this table from the previous commanded table (if thats possible)?

You need to take the values in the 105kpa column and copy them exactly to the 105kpa column in the boost VE table. Then you have to fill in the remaining VE boosted table cells with #'s. Once your over 105kpa your basically using the VE # as the actual fuel value for fueling. So if your logging and the air/fuel is 13.5 take the cell value and multiply it to get your desired (11.5'ish) value.

In semi-closed loop the O2 sensors are used still to regulate to the stochiometric value you have listed in the table B3647. The long term fuel trims are no longer used (disabled), so monitor short term fuel trims to see what the VE table is doing. I disable PE completely and then modify the Boosted VE table for my desired air/fuel levels.
    LQ4, Pro-Flo, heads, Stock48 cam'd, twin TO4E 2001 C5 830rwhp/905rwtq
    2001 GMC RCSB pt88/5.3/4l80e/14 bolt 11.34@123.2 best pass so far with a 1,82 60' @ 13lbs boost

There are a few tables that are blank when first going COS, have a read of the Custom OS Tutorial in the TuneTool - it covers of setting up the new tables.

One approach to fuelling is to use B3647 to control up to 105kPa, then use PE as BE above say 120kPa, as described by johnv in THIS post.

Quote Originally Posted by cyipher View Post
    Also in COS 3 they now change to commanded rpm vs map which is blank from the re-flash, should I populate this table from the previous commanded table (if thats possible)?
    Quote Originally Posted by darcy View Post
    There are a few tables that are blank when first going COS, have a read of the Custom OS Tutorial in the TuneTool - it covers of setting up the new tables.
    The tutorial had commanded set at 1 all the way until 100kPa then richened it up. You're saying that is correct? Unless I'm missing another commanded fuel table or multiplier somewhere, that sounds dangerous to run 1 EQR(14.7:1) at 70kPa at 5000 rpms. I set the commanded to where I think it should be, not at 1 as explained in the tutorial.

+1 set B3746 to sensible values, especially if PE is disabled...

( I would also leave PE enabled )

[ please, don't blindly follow the tutorial... think about what is going on and how it works ]

In OL, the cells in B3647 set to EQR 1.00 will be trimmed on using STFT (even if CL/trims are disabled)... this is called Semi-Open Loop (SOL);

during tuning you have to watch out for this (do not use EQR 1.00 in B3647... use 0.99 or 1.01 instead).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    +1 set B3746 to sensible values, especially if PE is disabled...

( I would also leave PE enabled )

[ please, don't blindly follow the tutorial... think about what is going on and how it works ]
    That's why the question was asked. And that is why I didn't do it haha. I think they may change that or note the the tutorial so someone doesn't miss that.
    In OL, the cells in B3647 set to EQR 1.00 will be trimmed on using STFT (even if CL/trims are disabled)... this is called Semi-Open Loop (SOL);

during tuning you have to watch out for this (do not use EQR 1.00 in B3647... use 0.99 or 1.01 instead).
    Even with the CL temp set to max and STFT disabled? Not that there is an issue with that at all, it's definitely great info to know(remember). Just wondering why it does that when it's set up not to...

Also does the commanded table for ethanol B3649(maybe)??? need to match b3647?

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george
    Even with the CL temp set to max and STFT disabled?
    Yes, even with CL disabled (CL temp set to max), LTFT disabled, and STFT disabled.

SOL is enabled in OL for any stoich cell in B3647 or B3649.
    Last edited by joecar; May 8th, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

B3647 and B3649 do not necessarily have to be the same...

Yes, even with CL disabled (CL temp set to max), LTFT disabled, and STFT disabled.

SOL is enabled in OL for any stoich cell in B3647 or B3649.
    so whats the difference in SOL and CL with LTFT disabled then?
    Last edited by cyipher; May 9th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast